North Stand Expansion

Ridiculous mark up for a £14 ticket. I get why but doesn’t make it any better. That’s why I try and sell to OSC members or privately before using Ticket Exchange.
Only put up for resale to allow another fan to attend wasn't bothered about getting 14 quid back ! But I suppose if the demand to spend £250 on a ticket is there you can't complain the guy was happy enough although I didn't mention what the original ticket cost me, an adult ticket purchased at full price for the fame was £55 so good bit of profit for City in doing this !

City are a business, if we want to attract the best players in the world it costs money, the guy got his money back for the ticket and city sold it as corporate, brilliant, win win win...
The money City take from tickets is pocket money compared with revenues from Sponsorship, TV Etc. It has no bearing on signing players. The issue is that the ticket side is being run by a group of people who's only aim is to increase the take thereby justifying their job's, pay increases and bonuses. It's a profit making institution in itself and will screw the last penny out of fans. I will never ever return my ticket to the Club, would sell it at FV or below or give it away.

The money City take from tickets is pocket money compared with revenues from Sponsorship, TV Etc. It has no bearing on signing players. The issue is that the ticket side is being run by a group of people who's only aim is to increase the take thereby justifying their job's, pay increases and bonuses. It's a profit making institution in itself and will screw the last penny out of fans. I will never ever return my ticket to the Club, would sell it at FV or below or give it away.
You're living in a dreamworld...

So much of this is naïve & shows an obvious lack of knowledge about how a football club (or any business) is managed.
Don’t you think our club has improved on and off the pitch in every way!?

So much of this is naïve & shows an obvious lack of knowledge about how a football club (or any business) is managed.
Don’t you think our club has improved on and off the pitch in every way!?

I wouldn’t say it’s improved in every way. There are areas where I think the club hasn’t been great at all - ticket prices and forced relocations in particular. A football club shouldn’t just be looked at as a profit making machine either. It’s not an ordinary business at all.

I wouldn’t say it’s improved in every way. There are areas where I think the club hasn’t been great at all - ticket prices and forced relocations in particular. A football club shouldn’t just be looked at as a profit making machine either. It’s not an ordinary business at all.
But it has improved in most areas & “forced relocations” are unavoidable when a stadium is improved. You can’t have it both ways.

Our ticket prices are no worse than most other clubs & better than many - and we have the best team in the world!

Not quite true, take away the matchday / ticket income and we make a loss which very much does have a bearing on the players we sign as we’d be failing FFP.
Hardly a profit making institution either as the profits are minuscule for business with our turnover less than 10 %. If my business only made that profit my accountant would be telling me it was unsustainable.

But it has improved in most areas & “forced relocations” are unavoidable when a stadium is improved. You can’t have it both ways.

Our ticket prices are no worse than most other clubs & better than many - and we have the best team in the world!

They weren’t unavoidable at all. Thousands were forced out of the north stand. They didn’t have to do that all, it was completely avoidable.

Sounds like whatever the club do you will support. Being the best club in the world, doesn’t mean everything they do is right or you have to agree with it.

I know lots of long term city fans who’ve been priced out of season tickets and now can’t afford the ridiculously high match day tickets. Our match day ticket prices are scandalous and you must be pretty well off if you think they’re reasonably priced.

I’ll repeat a football club isn’t just a business. Theyve done lots of things right, but I’m don’t agree with everything.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.