North Stand Expansion

The extra parking restrictions are down to the arena and MCC.

The GMCA is not the highways authority.
I might be wrong but I always believed the highways agency was just responsible for motorways and trunk roads and the counties look after all other roads and streets

I might be wrong but I always believed the highways agency was just responsible for motorways and trunk roads and the counties look after all other roads and streets
That is national highways not the highways authority which for Manchester is the City Council.

Won’t the rain pour down Edersons back if the roof points down?
Have you not noticed that roofs point down in other stadiums? Emirates? The swamp? Just to name a couple. It helps with acoustics. There are drains to collect the water so that doesn’t happen

For all the roof and structure discussions. Don't say I'm not good to you, below a rough handy guide of how I understand this to be planned to happen.

View attachment 118516
How do they get the big support out from within the new steels that have already been installed? Do they cut it into sections and get rid of it bit by bit? Always amazes me the amount of detail in the planning of new builds.

How do they get the big support out from within the new steels that have already been installed? Do they cut it into sections and get rid of it bit by bit? Always amazes me the amount of detail in the planning of new builds.
That is the question isn't it.

Can't see how they can get it out in one piece. The cables are staying, so not much room to move upwards. Side to side is so so tight. Back and forth has a bit more give, but about one third up, it is enclosed to the front and top third closed to the back.

So I would imagine they'll need to get it into a few segments. How they grub up the foundations too, amongst all that steel will be interesting to watch too.

That is the question isn't it.

Can't see how they can get it out in one piece. The cables are staying, so not much room to move upwards. Side to side is so so tight. Back and forth has a bit more give, but about one third up, it is enclosed to the front and top third closed to the back.

So I would imagine they'll need to get it into a few segments. How they grub up the foundations too, amongst all that steel will be interesting to watch too.
It’s not so easy just cutting it up either. Seems very little room for lifting equipment. Fuck knows how they’d get access to it too. Glad I’m not the one planning it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.