Northern Rail

I don't know how relevant this is to the current Sunday farce [it's as if Mike Ashley had bought Northern Rail rather than HOF] but it has to become known to the general public that although the rail industry is a 24/7 business, the staff are contracted to work according to their rosters which are Monday to Saturday inclusive. Sunday's are NOT compulsory and never have been. Now if a positive return for working on a Sunday is available then I'm sure that there would be plenty of volunteers, but if staff are treated like sh1t on their weekday rosters then there is always the likelihood that a blanket refusal will instead be opted for as a form of protest.

Just out of interest, there was a train drivers dispute during the early 1980's over an issue known as 'flexible rostering'. ASLEF was a strong union in those days and the union leader, Ray Buckton, just would not accept a situation where a sacrosanct 8 hour roster would be scrapped in favour of individual daily rosters that could be as little as 7 hours one day and 9 hours on another, with a four weekly averaging out of 156 hours over that period. The dispute went on for several weeks before some sort of 'agreement' was achieved, possibly with a few quid thrown in. It should be known that Sunday working remained non-compulsory and that this situation was to remain to this day.

The railway industry of the 1980's is a very different industry of today and although none of the drivers of that time will any longer be a railway employee, it doesn't rule out any bloody mindedness being carried forward to the present day.

I would rather have 3 days of strike action if it forces the real cunts that are northern back round the table and agreeing to stop this ridiculous push for gaurdless trains on their services.

With attacks on trains rising by 12.5% last year and other issues on trains that have no point of contact on board bar a busy driver I fully support the RMT stance, nortgern are the cunts in all this and anyway the train affected would probably be cancelled anyway
It's a lovely idea, strike and the nasty boss overlords will bow down and change their ways but the reality is that by striking you fuck up thousands of people's lives for fuck all. Nothing will change. Pointless exercise.

Dumb Fucking gimps, camping cunts taking up sets of seats with their Fucking bags. Looking like a failed boffin doesn't help either. People looking for a seat and these Fucking gimps are ignorant as Fuck. If they bothered to notice the front and back of trains have large luggage space and have done since forever.

I hope they go under from hypothermia on the hills the tossers.

/rant

Dumb Fucking gimps, camping cunts taking up sets of seats with their Fucking bags. Looking like a failed boffin doesn't help either. People looking for a seat and these Fucking gimps are ignorant as Fuck. If they bothered to notice the front and back of trains have large luggage space and have done since forever.

I hope they go under from hypothermia on the hills the tossers.

/rant
If any fall asleep give 'em a slap.

Passing through Piccadilly station this morning, they are clearly expecting utter chaos this weekend. Pride, Creamfields and leeds mixed with a Norther strike. the entire bridge between platform 13/14 and platform 1 has been turned into an Alton Towers style gated queue system.

Passing through Piccadilly station this morning, they are clearly expecting utter chaos this weekend. Pride, Creamfields and leeds mixed with a Norther strike. the entire bridge between platform 13/14 and platform 1 has been turned into an Alton Towers style gated queue system.
I wondered why there were so many feckless hippies about. The one working exit is currently blocked by them all sat with their bags. People are walking past pissed off and these dread locked hippies don't seem to understand why going off the look on their gormless mugs.

I wondered why there were so many feckless hippies about. The one working exit is currently blocked by them all sat with their bags. People are walking past pissed off and these dread locked hippies don't seem to understand why going off the look on their gormless mugs.
Just tell them to move their fucking bags so that a paying passenger can sit down unless they want to buy your for a seat for it

I don't know how relevant this is to the current Sunday farce [it's as if Mike Ashley had bought Northern Rail rather than HOF] but it has to become known to the general public that although the rail industry is a 24/7 business, the staff are contracted to work according to their rosters which are Monday to Saturday inclusive. Sunday's are NOT compulsory and never have been. Now if a positive return for working on a Sunday is available then I'm sure that there would be plenty of volunteers, but if staff are treated like sh1t on their weekday rosters then there is always the likelihood that a blanket refusal will instead be opted for as a form of protest.

Just out of interest, there was a train drivers dispute during the early 1980's over an issue known as 'flexible rostering'. ASLEF was a strong union in those days and the union leader, Ray Buckton, just would not accept a situation where a sacrosanct 8 hour roster would be scrapped in favour of individual daily rosters that could be as little as 7 hours one day and 9 hours on another, with a four weekly averaging out of 156 hours over that period. The dispute went on for several weeks before some sort of 'agreement' was achieved, possibly with a few quid thrown in. It should be known that Sunday working remained non-compulsory and that this situation was to remain to this day.

The railway industry of the 1980's is a very different industry of today and although none of the drivers of that time will any longer be a railway employee, it doesn't rule out any bloody mindedness being carried forward to the present day.

The problem is that like many industries there is insufficient resources. Not only not enough trains but not enough drivers. Drivers on Northern work long hours for reasonable pay. They are not contracted to work Sunday’s and many are taking Sundays off because in many cases it’s the only day they get off. This is causing issues for the public but it’s not fair to expect train drivers to work 7 day weeks on an ongoing basis

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.