Norwich City (A) - Post-Match Thread

It's got to do with the opposition as well. It was surprising to see us given so much space on the left flank to work the ball. Perhaps they felt Ake -> Zinchenko -> Sterling is not as potent as other areas of the pitch.
Think we did our homework on Aarons and Sergent, not that they’re a weak link talent wise, but can be pulled out of their defensive shape and prone to getting wound up.

Local post match highly positive about us. Praising the professionalism of the squad, building in the background with the academy, it's not the money that makes us good it's the ability to spot and keep the best players. Love it.

"Manchester United is miles behind"
Who the f... is man united?
Silva, Aguero, Bell, Trautmann?
Fern is my favourite City player whose name starts with F.
Not either of the Futchers then?

Cracking away day long journey home today support was amazing thought everyone was outstanding but special mention for ake zinchenko they don't get much game time but never let us down.
We sounded fantastic. Loved the homage paid to our past players in that second half. We must never forget those wonderful players that helped lay the foundations to where we are today. It basically sounded like a party in the stands, congrats to all those that went yesterday and hope you had a great time.

3 points.
Instead of talking about the game I’m instead going to show my appreciation for our fans tonight.
You were outstanding from the first minute to the last.
I salute each and everyone of you.
Got home from a 15+ hour day, turned the game on around midnight (because I didn’t want to even try to sleep without watching it and knowing the result) and was ABSOLUTELY FLOORED by the 90 minutes of raucous support!

Even the wank commentators made mention, which is a huge change.

I doff my cap to each and every supporter who spent their hard-earned money and valuable time out of their weekend to travel to Norwich and back!

You were a credit to yourselves and the club, and you know when the TV Director is telling his camera operators to turn them onto the crowd for singing, it something special!

All the old favorites came out and were sung loud and proud, none more so than Yaya-Kolo and Yaya’s version of Delilah!

If I could make one (minor) point, though:

There some superstars in our team who barely have their name sung, let alone have a sustainable chant. Long past time some of them had more impactful songs, rather than some name chant.

However, NOTHING can take away from the ridiculously brilliant vocal support from those who traveled and it was noticed by all.

Take a bow!

Pukki is a yard offside. It would definitely have been ruled out by VAR

View attachment 36421
Closer than it looked. That's after he's headed it, and because of where the defender's foot is placed it may only be Pukki's upper body that's off. Assistant's view was blocked as well - that guy (Richard West) doesn't get many wrong.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.