Norwich City (A) - Post-Match Thread

Thought they were fabulous yesterday. Was on row 2 with a great view and their reading of the game and running off the ball was excellent, a lot better players than a lot give them credit for

To be fair we have a lot of players some of our regular posters do not wish to offer any credit to.
It sounded great yesterday, wish I had been there. I have had some memorable weekends in Norwich following City.
As you said the movement was great to watch. I think it seems lost on some who believe it is only the player on the ball that affects play.

To be fair we have a lot of players some of our regular posters do not wish to offer any credit to.
It sounded great yesterday, wish I had been there. I have had some memorable weekends in Norwich following City.
As you said the movement was great to watch. I think it seems lost on some who believe it is only the player on the ball that affects play.
I am an FOC mate, season ticket since early 70s, seen some proper shit as have many, but what we are watching now is from a different universe. No Laporte, Cancelo, KDB, Rodri and Stones yet there was no drop off in quality, incredible

My very slight gripe I've had the last couple of games concerns the academy boys coming on it last 10-15 minutes.
Being comfortably winning, tge team are usually in game management mode passing it around the back usually. Means the academy boys don't really 'get' into the game.
I know the whole match day is part of tge learning experience but i would ideally like tge tempo to be a tad higher in situations like this so the academy boys potentially see more of the ball in competitive mode.
That’s a really good point, and one that crossed my mind in those last 15 mins too. I guess Liam had his involvement in the penalty incident, but generally I agree fully.

smashing win, and great support. It was a great performance all round and I thought Gundogan looked excellent (i thought he should have started vs Brentford instead of Rodri). Norwich were plucky and that was off the back of a good run for them. Commentators love that sort of shit, so just take it with a (massive) pinch of salt. We were the far better team.

I think Foden is still a way from his sparkling best but he was better against Norwich than recent weeks, great to see him score. Sterling was great, that's how you want to see him play. He'll never have the finishing prowess of a lot of top strikers and he will always have his weird dither when he slows down but he is a top dangerous player on form and he needs to keep playing aggressively and with strength.

Glad to see the young lads come on but i think McAtee still looked a way off, compared to the times i've seen Palmer and Delap. He constantly looked slightly out of position and gave away a few free kicks as a consequence. As noted, the game had slowed down into control mode, which is difficult for them to really get into.

Zinchenko made a big difference to the the fluidity of the team. When he got the ball he moved it quickly and to me we look a more balanced side with him in it.

It's got to do with the opposition as well. It was surprising to see us given so much space on the left flank to work the ball. Perhaps they felt Ake -> Zinchenko -> Sterling is not as potent as other areas of the pitch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.