Norwich v City: Post match Discussion Thread

BoyBlue_1985 said:
SingBlueSilva said:
For those of us with ESPN, can somebody PLEASE tells us what Summerbee said and what was the deal with Tevez and interview?

It was on SKY

He said, "After a fantastic performance from tevez what a stupid question to ask him (did he dive), Interuptted by presenter, "no no let me finish" Then bangs on about how great Tevez in and what a wonderful man he is, tell the sky presenter to shut up about what would be if he was there all season because he wasnt. Basically owned the stage for 5 minutes and put everyone bang to rights including the fans who still berate Tevez

THANK YOU-to itisrising and Blue Maverick too.

I'll give it to Summerbee about that-it was a stupid question! Do they ask that of every player that gets a yellow for simulation?? Unbelievable.

As for Tevez...that's another thread ;)

sincity said:
colourmeblue said:
dref619 said:
Great performance, but that Tevez celebration was just ridiculous
anyone else love it?...shows the lad has a sense of humour

I loved it too, and so did the other players..it seems some fans are just too grumpy to see the funny side of it. He was telling us how he felt the third goal was..like a hole-in-one

btw, i did not see the moment Tevez was subbed..did he shake Mancini's hand? I saw him shaking hands with everybody on the subs bench when I came back..

yes a big handshake and smiles

didactic said:
Summerbee is a legend. They asked him what the difference between City and United he replied.

"The decisions that they got!".

Hahaha

Fucking quality. I missed that.

Re: proud today

marco said:
of the club tevez and especially the fans, if we go on and win it then great stuff but if we dont i wont be to pissed off because we know the good times are just around the corner i was one of the first to slate mancini after the arsenal game but we have to keep him and go forward now 'let him build'
How do you build on that though

As good as it can be.

Mëtal Bikër said:
For those who missed what Summerbee said (and unless no one else has put it)

after the interviewer asked Carlos "Did you dive?" they cut back to the studio where the presenter asked Summerbee for his thoughts.

They were (in summary):

"I just want to point out what a stupid question your interviewer just asked Carlos. He's scored a hat-trick, put in a great performance, made man of the match, scored great goals and the first thing they ask him was 'Did he dive'?

'we're here to focus on Tevez's performance today. I'm not here to comment on what United do or need to do, all City can do is focus on the games they've got left and what's in front of us. I'm not here to talk about United, i'm here to talk about City's performance today."

Something along those lines. The presenter then tried to make out the question was "tongue-in-cheek" (after spluttering and stuttering in an attempt to say it) to which Summerbee reiterated that it was a stupid question to ask a player who put in a performance like today especially when the cameras, linesman, and even studio at half time stated it was a harsh yellow for him to get.

If you are referring to the Norwich defender who stood on his foot the answer is no.

Ridiculous booking by Foy the man in red.

Both commenators on my feed thought the booking was ludricous and after half time having seen it a few times said it should have been a penalty.

We had two stonewall penalties in the first half disallowed and I am all sure we had concerns after 52 minutes.

Foy did his best to keep Norwich in it but once the third went in Norwich gave up.

Eccles Blue said:
Vinnie's interview was class, 'I knew I would end up doing this interview alone.'!!!! Brilliant Vinnie.

Great interview by the skipper. Steely determination talking about next season. If we do miss out, put your house on us winning it next year.

(Hopefully that didn't sound too scouse).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.