Norwich v City: Post match Discussion Thread

Re: Todays away support at Norwich

CITY FOR LIFE said:
LittleStan said:
CITY FOR LIFE said:
Sorry if posted esle where, but the support City fans give the manager and the Team to day was superb, at times it sounded like there was 6 or 7000 down there. I have always said certain grounds either don't have microphones near the away supporters to block out their backing, Liverpool, Utd, Everton are grounds that come to mind.
Top effort to all those that got tickets and got down there for yet again another stupid KO time, but at least you all got to see one of the best performances this season.

Come on the Villa :)

Actually just got back, my first away game this year, and I have to say after the Arsenal comments I was a little worried.

The view for away supporters there is great, much better than I remember for past away matches years ago.
What was the reaction from the City supporters today towards Lescot, I thought he had a great game.

fantastic. To be fair it was fantastic towards the whole team, including Mancini.
De jong had a great game from what I saw and so did zabba. Agureo and Tevez are unplayable and Yaya looked better in the flesh than I have ever seen on the TV.

Re: Todays away support at Norwich

1zflr84.jpg

i think this is from today

Damocles said:
colourmeblue said:
Damocles said:
We were poor today, our system was wrong and until Yaya came in we were flagging.

We had 4 great pieces of individual skill to create our first four goals, not because our system created space or opportunity.

Papered over the cracks here, we got it wrong today.
nice try Mr Hartly

Ill produce a full match review in a few days but we weren't great today, and we had numerous problems with the system
at-first-I-was-like.jpg

Damocles said:
colourmeblue said:
Damocles said:
We were poor today, our system was wrong and until Yaya came in we were flagging.

We had 4 great pieces of individual skill to create our first four goals, not because our system created space or opportunity.

nice try Mr Hartly

Ill produce a full match review in a few days but we weren't great today, and we had numerous problems with the system
i actually agree...was a bit like the normandy landings...plenty to gripe about if you really looked hard but the result was all that does or ever will matter

Damocles said:

Ha.....you are taking a leaf out of Mancini's book. Been fishing???

Damocles said:

Norwich are not a bad team, yes Yaya made a massive difference but to be fair, making those changes is what the manager gets paid for and why he has the depth of squad.

pudge said:
Damocles said:
colourmeblue said:
nice try Mr Hartly

at-first-I-was-like.jpg

That's lovely.

On the other side, Barry and Nige were too far forward which left a massive gap which they exploited. Nasri didn't cover his wing at all and the yoyo action we saw against WB was gone. Zab was poor, out of position numerous times and diving into slide tackles which cost us several times.

With the gap between defence and midfield so high, the full backs weren't really comfortable going forward as much, and when Zab did he struggled to get back a lot and Kompany was going spare.

Until Yaya came on, we never really got a grip of the midfield at all and all of our goals came from very direct passing to the strikers and hoping for a bit of great linkn up play or magic on their own. With 15 mins to go, we were struggling at 2-1 and they looked nore likely to score.

Throughout the game we were far too direct, and we gave the ball back to them a lot. Harts kicking was particularly panicky and direct.

Our pressing that I loved versus West Brom was non existant, and we were far too deep, relying on long range efforts to getus out of trouble.

After the fourth goal, coming from another piece of individual play, Norwich collapsed entirely which fooled people into think that we'd played well where in reality we were second best on the day to every ball and in general. A hugely undeserved scoreline, we won because we have better players and not because we were better on the day

Damocles said:
pudge said:
Damocles said:
at-first-I-was-like.jpg

That's lovely.

On the other side, Barry and Nige were too far forward which left a massive gap which they exploited. Nasri didn't cover his wing at all and the yoyo action we saw against WB was gone. Zab was poor, out of position numerous times and diving into slide tackles which cost us several times.

With the gap between defence and midfield so high, the full backs weren't really comfortable going forward as much, and when Zab did he struggled to get back a lot and Kompany was going spare.

Until Yaya came on, we never really got a grip of the midfield at all and all of our goals came from very direct passing to the strikers and hoping for a bit of great linkn up play or magic on their own. With 15 mins to go, we were struggling at 2-1 and they looked nore likely to score.

Throughout the game we were far too direct, and we gave the ball back to them a lot. Harts kicking was particularly panicky and direct.

Our pressing that I loved versus West Brom was non existant, and we were far too deep, relying on long range efforts to getus out of trouble.

After the fourth goal, coming from another piece of individual play, Norwich collapsed entirely which fooled people into think that we'd played well where in reality we were second best on the day to every ball and in general. A hugely undeserved scoreline, we won because we have better players and not because we were better on the day

thanks for that

about time we used 'individual moments of brilliance' if you ask me. The 'have our entire team around the edge of their box and pass it back and forth' style hadn't been working for quite some time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.