Status
Not open for further replies.
----------------------Hart------------------
Richards---Kompany---Lescott----Clichy
-----------------Barry---Toure-------------
--------Silva---------------------Nasri------
---------------Aguero----Tevez------------

Re: Please No Tinkering Tomorrow.

After we played QPR away on bonfire night, Mancini has gone for a safety first approach and it plainly isn't working. If he is to remain as manager he has to finally learn this and go back to attacking and scaring the shit out of these teams. i am pretty sure Norwich will be more nervous about playing us than we should be of playing them. Let them make all the changes to try and cope with us, not the other way around.
After we played QPR away our record was PL6 W5 D1 L0 F23 A8
For the away games later it has gone to PL10 W2 D3 L5 F5 A8
No prizes for guessing why our title bid has falterred.
Come on Bobby let them of the lease again!!!

Arrrrrrghhhhhh!!!!

this thread sums up so much of the ignorance that is out there about us away from home this season.

De Jong has hardly played in any away games this season... he has played in most of our positive home performances recently. De Jong is actually really important to the way we attack. He wins the ball and passes in quickly (often fowards and sideways, and not always backwards as many would have you believe!). Whichever way he passes is not what is important, what is important is the fact he passes it quickley!... Recentley (especially away from home), when either Milner or Barry have played defensively, they take an extra touch and slow things down allowing other teams to regroup.

The fullbacks have been rotated because 1) Micah can not stay fit and 2) Kolarov offers a hell of a lot more going forward than Clichy does... Clichy is unquestionably the better defender.

Yaya is wasted in a deep lying role, especially away from home, as his pace, drive and hight gives us a key 'out ball' when we are under pressure.

Nasri has had very few influencial games away from home, so in my opinion should be the one (if any) to make way for Yaya!

Also, if Yaya is not fully fit, I beleive he would have a far greater effect in the last 30 minutes, (either in an attacking role to chase teh game, or defensive role to control the game) than he would being replaced with 30 minutes to go by any other player in our squad!

Yaya wont be at the races straight away id rather ease him on when the opposition is a bit tired tbh.

Same team (maybe Yaya?), attack them early, run them ragged, get the job done, then rest players and bring Dzeko et al on later when the games (hopefully) won.

No reason we can't maintain this attitude for the rest of the season now...

Will be pissed off if i see Kolarov / Dzeko in the starting lineup....

babyape said:
Same team (maybe Yaya?), attack them early, run them ragged, get the job done, then rest players and bring Dzeko et al on later when the games (hopefully) won.

Prepare to be pissed off my friend.

(I will be too, by the way)

Chippy_boy said:
babyape said:

Prepare to be pissed off my friend.

(I will be too, by the way)

If he changes full backs and drops Tevez, and we don't win, this place won't be for the faint hearted Saturday afternoon ;).

"PLEASE NO TINKERING" instantly followed with the line "SWAP YAYA FOR NDJ" you really can't make this sort of shit up can you. They're not simply interchangable you know, they're totally different players with completely different styles and abilities FFS. One player coming out and another coming in has an effect on the jobs of so many others it's untrue. Both in a defensive and attacking sense.

At this stage of the season we should be trying to make things as simple as possible, so for me the easiest team talk ever (ie - "Do what you did on Wednesday lads") we've got to keep it identical. So we keep the winning side together, making not one single change, play the exact same style and system.

I know Norwich play a different style to WBA, but the best form of defence is attack and we should be dictating the style in which this game is played.

Also, having Yaya on the bench to be used as either an attacking or defending impact sub to be thrown into the fray if/when required has got to be a good thing, it's going to play on the minds and worry that Norwich team; and add to that he's just come back from a little injury and may not be at full pelt yet either.

DTKOAG said:
Just a simple Yaya for NDJ.

Simple.

Yep , i'd agree with that ....

we have to win this game , no ifs or buts , and Yaya is more capable of assisting on the goal front than De Jong is ..... we need to give Norwich problems but it won't be easy , they are a very good side and another 'Swansea' !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.