Norwich Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Losing Aguero is just a huge hammer blow. Dzeko is gash and Jovetic still gaining match fitness and Negredo has had a great first season but they just aren't on the same level as Aguero which to be fair can be said for many players. Aguero would have made something happen against Chelsea and today. He would have produced a moment of magic to get us the win today. Without him a solid organised defence could keep us out all day long.

Not that there weren't any other factors in todays game. I thought the tactics were baffling as we clearly were never going to win the aerial battle but we just kept putting cross after cross in and just having them head it back out for fun. The corners were atrocious. Both Chelsea and Norwich were happy to let us have as many corners as we wanted as they knew it would never beat the first man or be easily headed out.

With Aguero none of that would matter as he is world class and would just make something happen but without him we looked pretty average the last two games.

Krieng_Thai OSC said:
Why did players not play in high tempo as usual is because manager told them to save themselves. I can understand he doesn't want to lose any more player especially Yaya, Silva, Kampany. But just MHO He could set the game plan to play in safe mode against Chelsea and could play full attacking today.

I've been thinking this myself.

Tempting to say we lacked confidence. Playing Yaya deep cost us IMO. Disappointing lack of reaction to Monday. Disappointed by Pelle responding to Mou, bit too close to Rafa's "Facts". If you can't be sharp as a tack then shut up and smile. None of it the end of the world.

cityok said:
steviemc said:
Hardly anybody had Pool down to absolutely spank the Arse today.

not having that, that was a spanking coming from a mile off - Liverpool are big scorers this year, loads of goals from all over the park.

Nailed on second for me.

Oh yeah. Hindsight is so wonderful. Where were you telling us this on the other prem games thread.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
Krieng_Thai OSC said:
Why did players not play in high tempo as usual is because manager told them to save themselves. I can understand he doesn't want to lose any more player especially Yaya, Silva, Kampany. But just MHO He could set the game plan to play in safe mode against Chelsea and could play full attacking today.

I've been thinking this myself.

I doubt it. Surely he would have been better off telling the team to blitz them in the first half then sit back when the game is over.

I thought the conditions played a huge part today,although we looked pretty dire up front.Still everything to play for and a draw is better than a loss which it so easily could have been with those two Norwich chances late on.

Only read a couple of pages but seems like we need to get a giant towel for us fans to throw in.

Or we could grow some, get behind the team and see where it takes us - like two years ago

2 points 13 games. now I have seen pessimists but you guys are on another level.

we didn't win it when we were 2 point up we not gonna lose it now

It's an absolute pisser on here, it really is. We lose a game and draw a game, after a brilliant run, and people are acting like the world is ending in lemmingesque fashion. Fucking hell grow up some/most of you, plenty of time left and points to be got.

God only knows what it would be like if we were battling the drop.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.