Norwich Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Couldn't watch the game but I listened to Manc. Radio. How did Clichy play?. Radio sounded as if he was beaten every time by Redmond - in fact Fred Eyre said Clichy did not win a defensive tackle. Any thoughts.??

Was stood next to a lad at the game from Macc if I recall didn't get his name though. He had a call at half time that his mother had been taken ill. I could see he was concerned just hopping he got back okay and hopefully she is doing well.

As for the game well at least we are a point better off than we were. Still plenty of games to go and more twists to come.

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
Yesterday's wasn't a good performance but only time will tell how significant it is and how important. At the moment I have to say it looks like two more points lost to a team we should have beaten comfortably, but Chelsea fans thought that about their game with WHU on the same night we were slaughtering Spurs and being called the best team on the planet. Yesterday confirmed that we have a problem at CB - if Dimichelis really is our best partner for Vinnie we do indeed have a problem. We don't have an alternative to the Ya Ya-Ferna pairing in centre midfield. Yesterday Milner had a good game, but he doesn't give us the energy and drive that Ferna does and we waster Ya Ya in playing him too deep. Clichy had a sound game but he doesn't put in anything like the quality of crosses that Alex does and Jesus's crosses (!) were poor yesterday. Up front Jovetic looked lively, but Edin and the beast were largely ineffective. Pellers says they are both struggling with injuries and this restricts our options greatly: yesterday the midfield didn't carry much of a threat either. Yesterday was a notably inferior display to that put on against Chelsea: against Chelsea we did create some very good chances. Yesterday we did not. It is a blip, but as Pellers has said, the title race is still wide open, and we have to keep going. The best team on the planet has to get back to form sooner rather than later!

Too much sense being talked here, mate! We're definitely going down after that — relegation, possibly expelled from the League.
That is two poor points sacrificed, and we've just made it harder for ourselves. Nothing whatsoever is over. Now, anything less than a win against Sunderland would be disastrous. Then everyone can start doing their nuts. The midfield can only pass to people who are in space. Nobody up front found any, and that included Jovetic, who otherwise is looking more and more useful without the breakthrough that we're all hoping for. Beast is less that bestial at present, that couldn't be clearer. Personally, I thought Silva played an intelligent game as he always does, with limited options as to who to pass to. He virtually never gets caught in possession (unlike Yaya sometimes). James also was useful. Can't honestly understand why everyone's getting on De Michelis's case, except for one point that I am becoming more and more critical of (but it applies to everyone else too, not just him): we get 14 corners against their 4 and put them under no pressure whatsoever. What's going on there? Vinny, Beast, De Michelis, these are big lads. So's Dzeko. Why don't we win anything in the air on corners and at least force the keeper to make saves? It was the same story against Chelsea. For what it's worth, I also think that Navas and Silva take them poorly on occasions.

Oh one other thing that I would be critical of. Why oh why is Yaya going back to playing so deep? I can only presume that it's because Ferny's out? He's no good at tackling — never has been — his positional sense as a defender leaves a lot to be desired, and when he advances from our penalty box with Vinny ten yards to the left of him (or the right), he passes it laterally to Vinny, who holds it for a few contemplative seconds, then passes it laterally back to Yaya, it drives me up the wall. It just gives the opposition time to organise themselves and brew up while they're about it. Get it out of the box quickly!!

Lovebitesandeveryfing said:
Oh one other thing that I would be critical of. Why oh why is Yaya going back to playing so deep? I can only presume that it's because Ferny's out? He's no good at tackling — never has been — his positional sense as a defender leaves a lot to be desired, and when he advances from our penalty box with Vinny ten yards to the left of him (or the right), he passes it laterally to Vinny, who holds it for a few contemplative seconds, then passes it laterally back to Yaya, it drives me up the wall. It just gives the opposition time to organise themselves and brew up while they're about it. Get it out of the box quickly!!

I think Pellegrini rates his passing technique so it is more a case of what he can provide from deep on the ball than off it. I think out of Milner and Yaya Pellegrini preferred Yaya to pick up the ball from deep in order to start the play. But nothing was really created as Norwich dropped back so it would have been more effective to allow Milner to bring the ball from defence and let Yaya push further forward/

Kazzydeyna said:
Our geriatric manager has cost us. Again.

We will not make top 4 with this old fool in charge.

need a new manager in the summer and maybe another 1st million spent.

disgusted.

Thank fuck ive been so busy with work since the Chelsea game if this is the sort of shit that's been posted!

Fuck me!

AliWaheed said:
mancity61 said:
Can't understand why Dzeko is half asleep all the time as a professional footballer. A regulation tap in awaited him if he'd just had the sense to gamble on the low cross which was travelling almost as slow as him!!
I can't believe people still hope for better from him. He's wank

^^This

Poor game. Players looked a bit jaded after Chelsea defeat (or is it Mourinho's mind games getting at them?). We missed Aguero, Nasri and Fernandinho vs Chelsea, but with what's left we should have been able to at least score vs Norwich. Sometimes when the teamperformance isn't coming off, individual actions can still get you the 3 points in the end. So maybe we did miss Aguero afterall. All in all, nothingto lose any sleep if we pick ourselves upvs Sunderland, tank some confidence vs Chelsea and than hope for a great performance vs Barcelona. We;ve done it before.

eversince 76 said:
Poor game. Players looked a bit jaded after Chelsea defeat (or is it Mourinho's mind games getting at them?). We missed Aguero, Nasri and Fernandinho vs Chelsea, but with what's left we should have been able to at least score vs Norwich. Sometimes when the teamperformance isn't coming off, individual actions can still get you the 3 points in the end. So maybe we did miss Aguero afterall. All in all, nothingto lose any sleep if we pick ourselves upvs Sunderland, tank some confidence vs Chelsea and than hope for a great performance vs Barcelona. We;ve done it before.

Was your stream a bit slow? It's Tuesday mate!

Ducado said:
eversince 76 said:

Was your stream a bit slow? It's Tuesday mate!

Is it? Already??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.