Norwich VS city post match thread

Aguero, Fernandinho and Silva started excellently. It came to nothing, and as the game wore on, it became clear that Bony and Navas couldn't pull their weight in either technique or dangerous movement and direct play. Norwich stuck an extra man in midfield and then invited us to attack the flanks with Sagna and Clichy. So easy for them to adjust and nullify us. A poor show from Manuel.

Fernandinho aside, I'd give you about 5 bob for any of our recent signings. They aren't good technically, or mentally, and nothing special physically. We lack the arrogance of a top team.

why - have West Ham already beaten Chelsea at The Bridge and did we lose to the Scum at home??
Agreed
West Ham play Chelsea away next Saturday and they won't win there so we must get a win or at least a draw against the rags next week to keep that 4th spot..
All in all a bad day so far but it could have been worse.We didn't lose and I thought they parked their bus for their draw . Bony is shocking . Really want him to be faster than he is. Can't help feeling that the bout of malaria he got a while back somehow affected him long term . Hopefully I'm wrong .
It is such a bad league that quite frankly anything could happen so I'm not surprised by today at all . Keep our heads while everyone around us is losing theirs.

It's been a very slow burn.

Our downfall was not sacking him last season.

Because we've absolutely killed our chances this season.

A season when Leicester are top, our biggest rivals (rags and Chelsea) absolutely capitulated and with the best squad in the league, this is surely the biggest missed opportunity in many a long year. It's been a disgraceful season from the West Ham game at home onwards. We should have been staring three league titles in five years in the face at this point, but instead we're scrapping for fourth because we have a manager that's worse than Pearce.

Agree with all bar the Hughes part!

How I see it nev... He could of played Garcia in that very role today, with a grand total of 10 premiership minutes to his name, and he would of outshone bony... I feel sorry for bony, being made a scapegoat by manager and fan alike!!

Both you guys are actually spot on, I made a comment about it on the match thread, Bony is a limited player but sending him out like that is unbelievably unfair to him. It actually makes the signing of Bony even more perplexing.

Damn, not good, tried but couldn't break through. Bony will get some deserved criticism, Sterling didn't have the desired effect either. Played well, kept possession, kept the pressure on for long periods but couldn't find that bit of magic. Agüero shot that was saved nearest we came I think. Football's about scoring and when you're not it's worrying. It can look like a lack of ideas, but I don't know what's really going on. It was a frustrating game, we've had a few, hopefully some players coming back will rejuvenate us.

No he didn't, at all. He did a lot of perfectly acceptable layoffs from fucking shite passes & lost the ball no more often than anyone else.

It's absolutely clear, that there is no plan whatsoever. Bony is a player who should be laying the ball off, playing one twos, central on the edge of & inside the box. If nobody has any instruction to pass, cross or basically do fucking anything whatsoever with him, WHY THE FUCK is he on the pitch ? WHY ?

We know how Bony plays, he's ripped us to fucking shreds doing it. So we signed him surely, to enable us to do something different, not be a shit version of Silva ?

What were the instructions given to him or Navas or the fullbacks or any **** on the fucking pitch that would make it a good thing having Bony up front? Was ANYONE at any time, looking to fire crosses at him ? WHY FUCKING NOT ? What else is he for ? Why are they trying to cross low, to fucking nobody ?

Did Pellegrini just pick him to make a **** out of him ?

We have about 10 players who would all be better than Bony, in the role Pellegrini is asking him to play. He has no purpose in this setup.

Pellegrini is a fucking terrible manager who is getting away with murder.
agree with every word. Especially the final paragraph.

More 'war cries' in the week, followed by more dross served up at the weekend. Typical fare these days.

Engineered us right back to shite. End of season cant come quick enough.

And yet, the bandwagon will roll on should we progress on Tuesday (which I believe we will)... It's already written this shit.. Draw Bayern, knock Bayern out, keeps fans salivating whilst we stumble over the line in 4th...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.