Norwich VS city post match thread

We played some nice stuff but we create nothing and that's the problem. The final ball is shocking time after time after time. It's dejavu every game.

Not meaning to sound argumentative, but what nice stuff? Over the 90 minutes?

I thought it was a turgid performance in view of the circumstances. Had it been the last game of the season and we just needed a draw, then perhaps it was acceptable. But we created almost nothing. We passed it around aimlessley for ages, against utter dross opponents, and we created nothing.

It was terrible in fact. We played like a team that would never beat any side in the top 8. Oh wait.

I agree with lots of what you say, but the vile shit that is written on here, calling a manager and a bunch of players that gave won us 3 trophies cunts is out of order and in my book they are not city fans.
I'll agree that there are fans that are well over the top and are out of order, but you should single them out and not generalise fans into spoilt brats for moaning about us being piss poor, we are, hence a lot of angry fans me included.
My brother is a "happy clapper", I'm sure he has the song "always look on the bright side of life" playing constantly in his head, not today, he rang me after the game, it's been building all season, let's just say he's not a happy bunny : )

"We played well" with hardly a shot on Target? are you sure? I think you are having problems understanding the word "well" At this time of the season we must win to keep in contention, what part of that are you having difficulty understanding. Yes shit happens, a bit like your comment...

I don't have difficulty understanding anything. Yes, we played well but didn't score. I'm quite aware that "at this stage of the season we must win to keep in contention" believe it or not. What would you have done differently, in terms of selection? Formation?

Teams have learned to play us by packing the penalty box with players, ignore the flanks, keep the bodies in the box. It's fucking hard to break that down, often you need dumb luck, a bit like Villa last week, who were getting away with it till Yaya got one deflected in, and Serge scrawped a second. We need a plan B when teams set up like this, perhaps two to drop out to outside their D and start firing in howitzers, maybe break thru that way?
I remember Barca v Chelski in the
Chumps League a few years back, the
chavs lost Terry to a red card and just sat
back with 8 men in the penalty box and
Torres left up top., Even Barca, who were in their absolute pomp back then, with one Pep Guardiola in charge, couldn't find a way thru, and the chavs nicked it with a Torres breakaway goal.
It's so fucking hard to punch a hole
through a team who defends like this, and guess what, we're gonna see a
shitload of this next season, so we better hope the new management team gets there collective heads around this and quickly.
You said, 'often you need dumb luck' in reference to the villa opener and I sincerely agree with this.
However I think fortune, more often than not, favours the brave and this is why I believe our central midi of the day did not quite do enough. Whether it was against Westbrom when the ball went in courtesy of a Silva deflection or against Swansea where Nacho's back scored the goal, there's this guy that usually is behind all these. Call it luck if you may, I rather choose to call it balls. And this is
one of a couple of things I learnt from
today, that:

1. For all his faults and shortcomings,
we're obviously a weaker unit without him
2. For all the talk about needing full
backs and CMs, I'm really surprised that we're not talking too much about wide
attacking players. At the moment we don't have a reliable one. KDB is not that man neither is Silva and can we trust Sterling going into a fresh season? Sometimes it's better to be safe than 'smart' and then sorry. Now don't get me started on Navas. If we're going to be
playing 3 CMs, we'll need fast and

technically capable wide players to take some load off Aguero's back. And in case you forgot, it's the bus-parking epl we're talking about so we certainly need bodies up front - capable bodies, if you may. Pep's one of the very best but in Barca and Bayern had his tools, let's not deny him the tools he needs to produce that
gracious work of art that we all crave. I for one wouldn't rule out an over £200 million gross spend in summer

3. Boy, is there anyone as stubborn as MP? He sticks to players time and again and they continually let him down and he still continues to put his trust in them and they continue to let him down and he continues to trust them.......(this goes on and on)

I'm afraid we're just going through the motions now which simply shouldn't be the case. It's one thing the team not believing we can challenge for the title, it's another thing when it looks pretty clear to me that very few of them look like they care.

I'm far from a pellegrini fan, I never thought he was the right fit for the club but supported him until fairly early this season. He has taken us backwards on the whole and whilst he's picked up some trophies, I think I would have too with the squad he's had to work with. His tactics and team selection baffle me at times and infuriate me at others. However, what we're seeing at the minute isn't just down to him. The players need to take a long fucking look in the mirror. If I was privileged to have been good enough to play football for a living id make damn sure I put some bastard effort in. Lazy twats.

Navas is not a starter. If ever there was an impact sub it's him. A winger that won't go past a full back and can't cross unless it's against tired legs.

Bony is never a City player, ever. He's the current scapegoat and people are on his back quickly but he simply isn't good enough. If I were him I'd realise, as he probably does, that he's a level or two below most of the squad and id run about like fuck to counter balance that. But, He does fuck all, Shouldn't be in the squad yet gets picked over kelechi because he came with a big price tag.

Silva is in woeful form/condition. He just doesn't look fit. He'd be no where near my squad either until he was right. Too slow and can't see that pass at the moment.

Clichy and sagna do ok but it's completely pointless overlapping on the wings as instead of crossing they ALWAYS cut the ball back to navas or Silva. We then fuck about with it around the box until every opposition player is back behind the ball and then we lose it.

Otto scares me. Goes to ground too easily and I hope Guardiola will coach that out of him.

Back to the manager. Ultimately, the buck stops with him. If the payers aren't performing he HAS to change it. Drop them. We may as well lose/draw with fringe players or kids that will have a go instead of watching one of, if not the most pampered, well treated squad in English football constantly turn out lack lustre 50/60% effort performances.

He needs to relieved, fast. I'd even have preferred giving Benitez a go until the end of the season, at least he'd have tried. Unless something changes soon, I really can't see where our next points are coming from. I've seen us shit, really shit. This isn't shit, this is fucking abysmal. I don't like losing but I fucking hate losing because we've not put enough effort in.

Sorry to waffle on but blimey, I am not happy.

Not meaning to sound argumentative, but what nice stuff? Over the 90 minutes?

I thought it was a turgid performance in view of the circumstances. Had it been the last game of the season and we just needed a draw, then perhaps it was acceptable. But we created almost nothing. We passed it around aimlessley for ages, against utter dross opponents, and we created nothing.

It was terrible in fact. We played like a team that would never beat any side in the top 8. Oh wait.
I have not enjoyed our performances this season after the false hope early on.

Turgid is not a strong enough word for the dross we have had to watch, by the time Pepe departs he might just have managed to sort it out but I am not optimistic.

We are the slowest team in the league, and possession means sod all if you spend ninety minutes passing the ball sideways and backwards and will not chance your arm by having a shot now and again.

Today's performance was inept. He picked the wrong team before the game, Bony is an absolute waste of space and starting him leaves us with 10 men effectively.

The only hunting season we've got is for top 4. If dippers win game in hand only 4 points behind. From a team that hasn't won 2 games on trot since October I have no confidence that we will get the job done. Europa League would be awful.
this

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.