Norwich VS city post match thread

That's just it though. We should have battered them but we didn't!
We were playing the ball about, one touch stuff but it was all going sideways or backwards. After 20 mins even Norwich clocked that they could allow us to have as much of the ball as we want because we were clearly not going to do anything with it. Then in the 2nd half when we did manage to get in the box, we were shit scared of shooting and tried to walk it in.

Your confusing possession football with playing well, 2 very different things.[/QUOTE
]
Norwich aren't capable of clocking anything. We did everything but score. It had fuck all to do with Norwich sitting off us though.

Not meaning to sound argumentative, but what nice stuff? Over the 90 minutes?

I thought it was a turgid performance in view of the circumstances. Had it been the last game of the season and we just needed a draw, then perhaps it was acceptable. But we created almost nothing. We passed it around aimlessley for ages, against utter dross opponents, and we created nothing.

It was terrible in fact. We played like a team that would never beat any side in the top 8. Oh wait.

Oh don't get me wrong, I was talking about the first 25 mins only. After that it was gash.

Today is where we say that the title is a complete lost cause both practically and actually mathematically. We need Leicester to lose 4 games now and that isn't going to happen unless they lose to Newcastle which also will not happen. For me I can only blame the manager, he doesn't do enough to change the game or affect the players.

I think he has just lost them, not personally but professionally. No-one took ownership of our problems, we needed urgency and ruthlessness and both were completely missing, it was an acceptance for 80 minutes that this was going to be easy and if not it didn't matter that much. The only one I saw really trying to turn the game was Sergio and the rest were yes a team but not a complete unit trying to really do something about it.

We just accepted 0-0 today and that was that.

This is the end of the post-Mancini/Pellegrini era and we need fresh blood and an injection of enthusiasm and strength into the team. Here is to a strong summer and a total upheaval of what for me is a spent force I'm afraid.

Plenty of possession today, but, apart from a few long shots, never really looked like scoring.

Lots of players hiding when it really counted,

Always one more touch than necessary,

Silva going through the motions.

Do we actually have a plan at set pieces?

We couldn't have picked 2 easier back to back games and we still can't win em both. This team is finished. Most of them know they are out when Pep comes. That includes a certain Mr Silva. He knows he'll be one of the first out of the door along with Bony, Kolorov, MDM and Fernando. He is living on legendary status which is diminishing after each and every game he plays at the moment. Dodgy ankle or not!! The amount we have regressed at the minute is embarrassing and the owner needs to start asking some serious questions. We are going backwards quicker than the leaps and bounds we have propelled ourselves forward into since takeover. Pellegrini should have been ousted before Christmas. Now we are truly fucked until end of May. All Each win and trophy does is paper over the gaping cracks at our club. It's like sticking a band aid on a bullet wound. After watching that shite today we will be lucky to walk away with a draw against the Scum. They are more organised than Norwich, but do have players that can finish if we give them the opportunity. Roll on next season!

I don't have difficulty understanding anything. Yes, we played well but didn't score. I'm quite aware that "at this stage of the season we must win to keep in contention" believe it or not. What would you have done differently, in terms of selection? Formation?
Well where do i start? To be honest, navas was playing the ball too high when getting behind their defence, which is not fit for purpose, due to the fact that we have midgets up front, not that he got the ball across that much. This was the kind of game that kolarov, i believe, would have created more chances on the left, as he tends to put the ball in low and hard. I am no manager but generally we were too tippy tappy and wanting to walk the ball into the net. I will stop now, as i could go on and on and on and on etc!......

You said, 'often you need dumb luck' in reference to the villa opener and I sincerely agree with this.
However I think fortune, more often than not, favours the brave and this is why I believe our central midi of the day did not quite do enough. Whether it was against Westbrom when the ball went in courtesy of a Silva deflection or against Swansea where Nacho's back scored the goal, there's this guy that usually is behind all these. Call it luck if you may, I rather choose to call it balls. And this is
one of a couple of things I learnt from
today, that:

1. For all his faults and shortcomings,
we're obviously a weaker unit without him
2. For all the talk about needing full
backs and CMs, I'm really surprised that we're not talking too much about wide
attacking players. At the moment we don't have a reliable one. KDB is not that man neither is Silva and can we trust Sterling going into a fresh season? Sometimes it's better to be safe than 'smart' and then sorry. Now don't get me started on Navas. If we're going to be
playing 3 CMs, we'll need fast and

technically capable wide players to take some load off Aguero's back. And in case you forgot, it's the bus-parking epl we're talking about so we certainly need bodies up front - capable bodies, if you may. Pep's one of the very best but in Barca and Bayern had his tools, let's not deny him the tools he needs to produce that
gracious work of art that we all crave. I for one wouldn't rule out an over £200 million gross spend in summer

3. Boy, is there anyone as stubborn as MP? He sticks to players time and again and they continually let him down and he still continues to put his trust in them and they continue to let him down and he continues to trust them.......(this goes on and on)
You answered your own comments their. The difference is that City's players cost 20,30,40 million. Bayern and Barca top players cost 70,80 100 million. What i can't get my head around is that our boys don't want to get any better and reach the highest level.

You answered your own comments their. The difference is that City's players cost 20,30,40 million. Bayern and Barca top players cost 70,80 100 million. What i can't get my head around is that our boys don't want to get any better and reach the highest level.

Name me one Bayern player that cost near 70m?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.