Norwich Vs City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a sneaky feeling yaya will play up top as a striker tommorow alongside aguero. tevez has not been a goal threat all season he drops far to deep to get the ball which leaves aguero isolated and out numbered. my team for tomorrow hart, zab, komp,nast,clichy, barry,milner,silva,maicon(if fit on the right wing) yaya and aguero up top !! basic 442 silva on the left and maicon on the right both on the touchline creating width for city as we have no width atall which makes teams pack the middle out and easy to stop us . come on cityyyy.

Mad Jack Blue said:
Time to rest Tevez and Aguero for me. I'd go with this:-

--------------------HART--------------------
--ZABALETA-KOMPANY--LESCOTT-CLICHY---
-------------YAYA-----MILNER-------------
---------------------SILVA-----------------
--------NASRI-------------SINCLAIR---------
------------------BALOTELLI-----------------

I just hope Hart can get these horrendous blunders out of his system and return to being the keeper he was last term.

According to Platt, Balotelli is still sick or whatever he is... And not available for selection tomorrow.

Marvin said:
If Tevez was not 100% before the Sunderland game, why did he play?
Good question and Platt did say that. I just saw the pictures from todays training and they don't look particularly happy. Hope it's just the cold weather.

simon23 said:
against packed defences nasri is one of the few players city have that will/is capable of running at players and taking them on...if we can get some confidence into the lad he may just be the key in future games like the previous two.

if fit id start him

Agree wholeheartedly.

----------------Hart-------------
Zabaleta-Kompany-Nastasic-Clichy
----------Milner----Barry---------
----Silva------Yaya-------Nasri--
-------------Aguero---------------
Get Yaya more advanced as that is where he is best, Barry and Milner can provide defensive cover in midfield. Nasri and Silva will hopefully combine like they did at Newcastle to break down the bus. Wanna persist with Aguero, but keep Dzeko and Tevez ready if his slump continues. The return of Zabaleta to his favored side and Clichy to the left should give us the width and overlapping runs we have been lacking.
Norwich 0- City 2

Lost track of how many people assume we struggle because 'teams park the bus'. United, Chelsea and the like have never had problems with this simply because its a myth. Hardly any team parks the bus against us, the difference is it looks that way as we break at a snails pace usually throwing only 4-5 bodies forward meaning the oppositon have plenty of time to get every man back behind the ball so they have 2 men on every one of our attacking players making it seem like there parking the bus.
That said I'm hopeful the players/manager will finally have realised that we need pace to win the game and I expect us to win tommorow, not as convincingly as last year but I'd go for a 1-2 result. I'd also leave Kolo out at right back as he offers nothing going forward and we need to make more use of the wings so with that in mind I'd try Maicon as whilst not great defensively I think he posseses enough to snub out the Norwich attack and is a far greater threat going forward

Hart

Maicon Kompany Nasty Zabaleta

Silva Toure Barry Milner

Tevez

Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.