Norwich Vs City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
BlueMoonz1977 said:
welsh_andy said:
just google first row sports

this will be an open game, and that will suit us. 3-1 win for us i reckon

We hope it will be an open game, but if norwich have done their homework then I am guessing they will follow suit like all the other teams do against us.

All we need to to is pick up the tempo and not give them time to park the bus!

If we can cash in on our first few chances it will become another laugher like last years 5-1. Lets hope the football gods bless us with a couple bounces this game, not like last week where every shot managed to find the keeper or the woodwork... :|

We have the ability to put teams to the sword and win comfortably with 2-0 3-0 wins, however tippy-tappy footy isn't doing us any favours. Maybe mix things up a bit, playing some long ball / winger tactics. I'd rather see 3 points than fancy football.

We need to break the oppositions tactics of just sitting with 2 banks of 4. Possession football for the sake of it isn't and wont work any more, its been found out. We need to allow them to play a little and we need to sit ourselves but we have to get back to the team that then harassed and pounced on possession, breaking with pace, hitting the spaces created.

So looks like Tevez won't be playing today as he is ill? 75% chance of playing, it seems..

blueinsa said:
We need to break the oppositions tactics of just sitting with 2 banks of 4. Possession football for the sake of it isn't and wont work any more, its been found out. We need to allow them to play a little and we need to sit ourselves but we have to get back to the team that then harassed and pounced on possession, breaking with pace, hitting the spaces created.

"breaking with pace"
Where do you see that coming from mate?
I agree with your suggestions but for me that's the concern. We can do it sometimes from full back but not all our FBs have that ability

chesterbells said:
blueinsa said:

"breaking with pace"
Where do you see that coming from mate?
I agree with your suggestions but for me that's the concern. We can do it sometimes from full back but not all our FBs have that ability

We managed to look fairly quick at times last year with Silva, Yaya, Sergio all breaking quickly into space created by winning the ball in midfield and hitting the killer pass first time and quickly.

What we cant do is win the ball and then proceed to hit 37, 5 yard passes, back and forth, side to side whilst they assemble 2 banks of 4.

As much speed of thought and mind as much as body mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.