Nostalgia

Kids outside playing games..,
Kick-can , ralivo, 40 bunks .
Hand painted ice cream vans , selnec and the saver seven bus pass.
Still got some stuff I took the mrs to the lock up last week to reminisce I let her a go of my chopper….

Mam drawing up the coal fire with a sheet of newspaper.
One coal fire for an entire house.
Ice on inside of the window.
Cars you could fix yourself.
Hiding from the rent man.

Using bird scare bangers for fireworks as they were cheap. They’d come on a rope of 12, was supposed to light the rope and every 30/60 mins one would go off….we’d take them off the rope and light from the fuse, had a 3 second fuse at best once removed.
Called Crow scarers. Extremly load and powerful. I could tell you how I blew Pete Townshends garden wall up with a couple, but I wont.

TV repair men, they would usually start by very carefully taking the back of the TV (about 20 small screws as I remember) fiddle about a bit in the back of the tv for a while then give the TV a good hard thump on the side & if that didnt work come to the conclusion it needed a new tube,
Never forget dad renting a new colour TV in about 1976 & we sat watching top of the pops in full colour, it just seemed so magical? it was odd because if you looked away from the telly the real world was in full colour anyway?

Never had one of those, just a Hoover Junior. God knows how heavy a Hoover Senior would have been.

One of my relatives had a Ewbank and I remember her running it over the carpet and me thinking how crap it was, it picked nowt up!

Everyone who was house-proud back in the day had plastic runners in the hall, the carpets rarely got dirty.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.