Nostalgia

Kids playing football en masse in the street or the park.

Christmas carollers.

Penny for the guy.

Avon lady knocking at the door.

High streets being busy and full of atmosphere at Christmas.

or on the M56 in our case, after it was first built if the ball went over the fence and down the embankment it was sufficiently empty that you could carry on the game for a bit, reasonably safely, if you couldn't be arsed to climb back up straight away. Happy days!

Yanks! I'd almost forgotten that one. Used to spend hours in there trawling through the vinyl for rare US imports. If I remember correctly, most of the covers had a piece clipped out to identify them as sourced outside the UK. One for Neil Young fans only I suspect but I picked up a copy of Harvest from there which was mispressed so that the second side was the first side of After the Gold Rush. Well, it got me excited.

You remember correctly!

Attachments

• Yanks1.jpg
    Yanks1.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 14
Clippercards and sticking your little square yellow bus ticket on the window.

Just googled images to see if I'd misremembered there being an orangey variant as well as the blue/green ones and it turns out that San Francisco has nicked the name for their transport system card but they've made a right mess of it - some crappy plastic smartcard with a picture of a ship on it, fucking amateurs.

The Big Match
Andy Williams Christmas Specials.
Subbuteo League
Old Radios with the dial.
Second half Rugby League on Grandstand
It’s a Knockout
Lesley Ann Down.
Film Soundtrack LPs
TV Signal
Hammer Horror movies.
Football cards not stickers.
The Top 40.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.