Nostalgia

I think they did, I can vaguely remember it being shown. It must have been, cos I must have had a reason to mither my old man to take me.
I didn't realise this stuff was taking place on my doorstep.
I was probably 10 or 11 when I went to my first speedway.
Dad wasn't keen, he wasn't a fan of motorbikes, on account of being knocked off his scooter by a pissed up vicar on his way to a dirty weekend with my mum back in the day before they were even engaged, they decided to elope from alty to jersey for an illicit weekend. They got knocked off 3 times before they even got there lol.
I've still got a pic of them on the scooter at lands end. My most treasured possession.
She does look a bit battered mind. (The scooter, not my mum)
So your dad took your mum, before they were married, from Alty to Jersey, on a scooter, for a dirty weekend, in those days......Fair play to them both. It would take you a weekend by road nowadays.

You mean cameras don't you.
Dirty bastard :-)
Can be included....days when each office had a bike ( female and male ) and an early finish was Thursday . Bt used to have subsidised bars on site,( before my time )but innovative though slightly questionable from a safety angle.

So your dad took your mum, before they were married, from Alty to Jersey, on a scooter, for a dirty weekend, in those days......Fair play to them both. It would take you a weekend by road nowadays.
Yes, that's correct.
It took them years to come clean, but photographic evidence is all you need to shame your parents if you look hard enough..
The full story is hilarious, and quite poineoint, for me, anyway.
It perfectly sums up my dad's not giving a fuck side, to my mums sensible side.
I've inherited both traits.
I loved them both even more on discovering this shameful episode in their lives.
They are still married to this day.

Looking at my dad's army stuff, his stripes, his shooting trophy, his shed, his old golf trophies, his pics in black and white when he was a handsome fucker, his immaculate suits, his old frank sinatra albums, one of which is fucking signed by frank (he knew a bloke that worked for frank and got it signed)
Miss him so much, and he's not even dead.
God knows what state I'll be in when he goes.
Trying to remember the good stuff.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.