Nostalgia

haha...well, we had to get the wheels from somewhere, didn't we? We used to ride our bogeys on the Yew Tree Lane bridge over the Princess Parkway...and the subways near the Post House.
The bike fashion was around the late 70s, I think....but kind of finished when BMXs became popular.
Those subways near the Post House I remember well, used to see plenty of Skateboarders in crumpled heaps having smashed into the concrete walls :-D.

Those subways near the Post House I remember well, used to see plenty of Skateboarders in crumpled heaps having smashed into the concrete walls :-D.
One of those was me...if you're talking around the 78-81 era. I could never stand up on a skateboard going down there...i'd sit and still end up hitting the walls.

One of those was me...if you're talking around the 78-81 era. I could never stand up on a skateboard going down there...i'd sit and still end up hitting the walls.
Probably was mate, remember seeing a couple of lads doing that sit down thing together (feet on the others board) flying down there , disappear round the corner and then hearing a big crash, got round there to see them in a crumpled heap, arms, legs and blood all over lol, mad fuckers.

Probably was mate, remember seeing a couple of lads doing that sit down thing together (feet on the others board) flying down there , disappear round the corner and then hearing a big crash, got round there to see them in a crumpled heap, arms, legs and blood all over lol, mad fuckers.
..that was called the "catamaran". That was my favourite way of skateboarding through the subways. Lots of bruised shins. Do you remember the time a bus collided with a fire engine at that junction? Around 1979 ...the bus ended up ON the subways. There's a pic somewhere...
1671383311942.png

..that was called the "catamaran". That was my favourite way of skateboarding through the subways. Lots of bruised shins. Do you remember the time a bus collided with a fire engine at that junction? Around 1979 ...the bus ended up ON the subways. There's a pic somewhere...
View attachment 63845
It may well have been you then haha, but Yes I remember that bus incident very well mate .

It may well have been you then haha, but Yes I remember that bus incident very well mate .
...could well have been me! haha. We soon got bored with skateboards, bogeys and tracker bikes...once we'd discovered how to nick motorbikes. I got caught by the police and never bothered with motorbikes again. Thank fuck.

Wimpy
Paper rounds
Stood outside the Offy & asking blokes if you’ll get served for us.
Playing cuppy jumpers for goalposts
10p on the bus
10p cornet
Underground market
Farah pants & kickers
Yellow bus tickets
Hedge hoppin
Apple scrunching
Jump the brook
Swimming in the bollin
The wag man
Lads in Capris picking up girls from school
Woolworths pick n mix
The Wimpy mixed grill

The smell of a new leather football on Christamas morning, not every year but just now & again, a proper leather Caser, me & my brother would be out all day playing football,
Jumpers for goal posts mmmmmmmmmmmmm ist it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.