Nostalgia

0c8b05c9d5f416be2c8a8c07b9405e24.jpg

Going to Rhyl on holiday, absolutely shite, rained every single day and my Dad was too tight to pay for the Sun Centre even though it was a tropical paradise.
We used to stay in Cleveleys because my parents couldn't afford Blackpool. I recall the landlady insisted all guests should be out of the house between 09:30 and 4:30. On a dull, rainy day we used to simply walk around, bored. We kids were only given tram fare into Blackpool twice in the week.

I hope that last sentence was tongue in cheek mate.

I, (and many others I suspect) would love to hear about your memories from that period of your life.
That's very kind but I don't wanr ro be one of those old bores that drone on about the old days. Having said that, I might write a bookabout hose times.

Where's me pen and foolscap paper? Or do I use quarto?

That's very kind but I don't wanr ro be one of those old bores that drone on about the old days. Having said that, I might write a bookabout hose times.

Where's me pen and foolscap paper? Or do I use quarto?
Pen? Don't you mean quill? ;-)
Seriously mate, you wouldn't be boring anyone. There's a lot on here genuinely interested in the past, and people's experiences. It's fascinating.
Respect your choice though fella, fair do's, but don't not post because you think it might bore people, because nothing could be further from the truth.

I’d forgotten about those bikes, Renthals, double headstock, straightened forks, a speedway disc on the back wheel, reinforced/flanged wheels, and wasn’t the small/fixed cog so people could do wheelies better ?

The less said about “Bogey’s” the better for me, when I look back probably one of the most shameful periods of my life, I mean, it wasn’t right that Mams left their prams outside shops to come back and find them on bricks, with wheels missing, just so we could have a “top bogey” right ?
haha...well, we had to get the wheels from somewhere, didn't we? We used to ride our bogeys on the Yew Tree Lane bridge over the Princess Parkway...and the subways near the Post House.
The bike fashion was around the late 70s, I think....but kind of finished when BMXs became popular.

Wimpy
Paper rounds
Stood outside the Offy & asking blokes if you’ll get served for us.
Playing cuppy jumpers for goalposts
10p on the bus
10p cornet
Underground market
Farah pants & kickers
Yellow bus tickets
Hedge hoppin
Apple scrunching
Jump the brook
Swimming in the bollin
The wag man
Lads in Capris picking up girls from school
Woolworths pick n mix
Remember throwing ourselves at thick conifer hedges and seeing how far we would bounce out

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.