"Not Enough Players!"

The Future's Blue said:
That Mouse bloke on TalkSport put this across as if to say that Mancini hadn't enough players on the books after spending trillions on players, when the reality is he was just stating that 2 of our, what I'll call holding midfielders were out, meaning that we have to rely on the other 2 to play every game at the moment and with 3 games a week, they get tired.

Artistic licence by the journo's I think.

Correct - anyone who can´t spot that give your head an enormous wobble

M18CTID said:
southaustralianblue said:
I thought what mancini said was just a simple statement of fact if you look at the totality of his comments. He stated that in the attacking and defending parts of our squad, appropriate cover was sorted, but there is still insufficient in the DM role, hence the suprising Hargreaves signing, which I think we can all agree is a risky proposition. Mancini is simply saying the same as hundreds of posters on here who can't wait for NDJ to return and who wish we had better options.

Of course the media will twist his words and make it sound like he was saying something completely different, but surely he cant be blamed for the misrepresentations of others

It's been clearly twisted by the media but he shouldn't have mentioned it at all. I'm not a Mancini basher but injuries are no excuse when 2-0 up against a side that aren't exactly world-beaters and who have far less talent in their squad than we have.

Most clubs suffer injuries to key players at certain points in a season and you just have to deal with it accordingly.

And they played on thursday in europe...

Did they look tired?

blueinsa said:
Jumanji said:
Bazzmand Show said:
The only mistake he made yesterday was not swapping Silva with Tevez. Do that and we would have won imo.
In that 2nd half after they Fulham started playing better, ironically, after watching the match again, we had more goal scoring chances after Silva went off. :S

Only because at 2-2 it suddenly dawned on the players that the game wasn't over and won and that they had better start trying to play again with some urgency.
Only? You sure, mate, I think we can string a few passes without Silva for 10 minutes or so.

Not to mention, you've already attempted to predict the nonexistent future by saying Silva would have won us the match, so I don't know how credible your opinion is.

The cookie monster said:
blueinsa said:
The most ridiculous and frankly embarrassing excuse ever.

A dangerous road to start going down imo for Bob and he needs to get his players performing for 90 mins instead of switching off.

He's our manager so listen to him,he does know what he is talking about!

manager DO get it wrong sometimes, fergie thinks shrek is a white pele, they all say stupid stuff at some time or other. they dont always know what they are talking about.

We've only got ourselves to blame with squad numbers as they are.

Technically he's right and with 3 people who can play in the centre midfield unavailable any side will have problems. But I'd rather he concentrate on what we can control.

we have more than enough players !!! why not play some youth players for once ie razak

leewill31 said:
blueinsa said:
Did we miss De Jong and Milner in the first half yesterday?

Where we short in that department then?

We dropped 2 points because we stopped playing, switched off and allowed an inferior side to get playing with the belief they could get back in to a game that should have been out of sight.

Despite sending 3 mids out on loan we still have 9, full international midfield players on the books and i would wager that Jol would swap every one of them for his given the chance, such is their quality.

its wasnt a case of missing anything in the first half though was it as proved second half was vital but certain players could not be changed when needed a prime example would have been milner coming on for either yaya or barry as petty as it sounds it makes a hell of a lot of sense.

The point im trying to make is that we should have had no need to bring on Milner or De Jong.

Yaya and Barry were not injured and had completely bossed Fulham's midfield in the first half, as did the whole side.

We switched off collectively in the 2nd half and its the only reason for the dropped points.

All you want is a full 90 mins performance.

FantasyIreland said:
superwatsonwatson said:
What Roberto is saying there is being mis-interpreted by the papers and SSN.

He should have been wise to that,surely by now he is aware of how the media work,perhaps if he still struggles with the language he should leave the post match interview to his assistants......

As such,regardless of what he meant,what he said sounded pathetic.

Believe me I have experience in this department and students from latin countries translate wrongly or use the incorrect vocab. He meant to say "missing" but his English teacher hasn´t spotted that one yet

Jumanji said:
blueinsa said:
Jumanji said:
In that 2nd half after they Fulham started playing better, ironically, after watching the match again, we had more goal scoring chances after Silva went off. :S

Only because at 2-2 it suddenly dawned on the players that the game wasn't over and won and that they had better start trying to play again with some urgency.
Only? You sure, mate, I think we can string a few passes without Silva for 10 minutes or so.

Not to mention, you've already attempted to predict the nonexistent future by saying Silva would have won us the match, so I don't know how credible your opinion is.

Think you are mistaking me with a different poster as i have never said Silva would have won us the match had he stayed on.

I make the point that the side was more than good enough for 45 mins and should have comfortably won the game yesterday but didn't because we switched off and stopped playing, something that Bob readily admits too himself on the OS, unless of course his opinion isn't credible either?

blueinsa said:
We switched off collectively in the 2nd half and its the only reason for the dropped points.
This phrase requires further explanation - i.e. what happened?
I think it means that Fulham got a goal out of the blue, we lost control, Silva wasn't tackling, Mancini brought on Zab as the best available DM...and it didn't work.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.