"Not Enough Players!"

johnny crossan said:
blueinsa said:
We switched off collectively in the 2nd half and its the only reason for the dropped points.
This phrase requires further explanation, what happened?
I think it means that Fulham got a goal out of the blue, we lost control, Silva wasn't tackling, Mancini brought on Zab as the best available DM...and it didn't work.

What it says on the tin!

As a team we lacked concentration, movement, passing ability and the desire we had in the first 45 mins. Yaya and Barry completely dominated the midfield battle in the first half and the movement of Nasri, Silva, Dzeko and Aguero was again top notch.

Fulham's goal wasn't out of the blue either and the defending for the first goal was shocking with our back four doing their best impressions of statues!

Tactics and selections were spot on and the first half bore that out perfectly.

Bob has said it himself, we switched off, lacked concentration and he can't believe we didn't win a game of football we were completely in control of.

blueinsa said:
The most ridiculous and frankly embarrassing excuse ever.

A dangerous road to start going down imo for Bob and he needs to get his players performing for 90 mins instead of switching off.

How is it ridiculous?

Have you tried playing 3 times in a week in a CM position? I wonder just how much running Barry and Yaya have put in since last week? It'll take its toll.

johnny crossan said:
Jumanji said:
johnny crossan said:
Mancini brought on Zab as the best available DM...and it didn't work.
It did work, we just didn't win.
I think you'll find it didn't work (using the word work as understood by a native speaker of English.)
Bloody insulting, I'm fucking English. OF COURSE i know what is colloquially meant by the word 'work'. Fucks sake and it did. It broke up play, slowed down the onslaught, and we held the ball better. Of course the intention was to win, but tactically speaking, it made sense. Although, it 'worked' much better with Vieira.

"Not Enough Players!"

Ricster said:
blueinsa said:
The most ridiculous and frankly embarrassing excuse ever.

A dangerous road to start going down imo for Bob and he needs to get his players performing for 90 mins instead of switching off.

How is it ridiculous?

Have you tried playing 3 times in a week in a CM position? I wonder just how much running Barry and Yaya have put in since last week? It'll take its toll.

Your absolutely right what is worrying though is he doesn't trust any of our youth players to do a job! Hope he puts a youthful team out on wednesday

thread title should be changed in :

"Not Enough Central Midfielders"

a thing that mancini consistently said during all the market windows and that every man , in good faith , can see.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.