Not from Manchester, Not from the Uk, and I am a City Fan

fareastblue said:
Phate said:
So its fine if people buy up a load of seats at the Etihad "to watch the best players in the world" i.e Tourists. But your against people that really try to be fans and support the team the best they can? You also let your mates who don't support city take up room at the Etihad those seats could go to real blues instead mate. Leave them at home.

If we were in the championship we wouldn't sell-out for most games so they aren't taking real blues seats at all. Being a fan isn't something you try to be, being a fan is something you just are.
After the trophy presentation tomorrow there will be more non manc non uk supporting city than manc themselves. Its out of your hand.[/quote]

No there won't. The number of people supporting City will not increase at all. Interest level will increase but support will not.

MSP said:
oakiecokie said:
MSP said:
he's got a point though :)

Just a bit mystified about the last sentence ! We`ll have to accept the inevitable,that we will attract day trippers (seen more and more at home games,over the past 2 months),hangers on and the new type of fan The Glory Hunters.
The idea is to bring in more revenue on the commercial side and if soft boy Phate doesn`t understand this,well ....
See what happens tomorrow and how many "new" fans will become members on the "Waiting List" for Season Tickets.

I'm Bosnian, so I understand you great :)

But what the guy said, even if it was a sarcastic aim on phate is as you said inevitable and of course it has to be accepted by old fans.

Well I`ve been watching City since 1964 and I don`t give a shit who we appeal to.New fans are always welcome,from ANYWHERE. ;)

Phate said:
fareastblue said:
Phate said:
So its fine if people buy up a load of seats at the Etihad "to watch the best players in the world" i.e Tourists. But your against people that really try to be fans and support the team the best they can? You also let your mates who don't support city take up room at the Etihad those seats could go to real blues instead mate. Leave them at home.

If we were in the championship we wouldn't sell-out for most games so they aren't taking real blues seats at all. Being a fan isn't something you try to be, being a fan is something you just are.
After the trophy presentation tomorrow there will be more non manc non uk supporting city than manc themselves. Its out of your hand.

No there won't. The number of people supporting City will not increase at all. Interest level will increase but support will not.[/quote]

How do you know ?? We may have to increase the capacity if the demand gets bigger and prices are kept at a level that we can all afford.

Phate said:
fareastblue said:
Phate said:

After the trophy presentation tomorrow there will be more non manc non uk supporting city than manc themselves. Its out of your hand.

No there won't. The number of people supporting City will not increase at all. Interest level will increase but support will not.[/quote]
So it makes us interestor instead of supporter. I'll take that.

oakiecokie said:
Phate said:
fareastblue said:

No there won't. The number of people supporting City will not increase at all. Interest level will increase but support will not.

How do you know ?? We may have to increase the capacity if the demand gets bigger and prices are kept at a level that we can all afford.[/quote]

Are you completely missing the point of my post or just being deliberately stupid?

Just because some people live in Manchester doesnt make them "better" supporters in my eyes. In fact, the guys living in Abu Dhabi has more right to be City supporters than the citizens of Manchester if you want to follow that logic. It's only a "Manchester City" club by name, not because of players or ownership. All big football clubs are global brands and it would be stupid to think you somehow have more right to be part of it than someone else. Just because you were born 500km (or whatever) closer to stadium doesn't make you a "true fan". But that's just me.

Personally, I became a fan (see what i did there) when Thaksin bought city because my thai associations.

oakiecokie said:
MSP said:
oakiecokie said:
Just a bit mystified about the last sentence ! We`ll have to accept the inevitable,that we will attract day trippers (seen more and more at home games,over the past 2 months),hangers on and the new type of fan The Glory Hunters.
The idea is to bring in more revenue on the commercial side and if soft boy Phate doesn`t understand this,well ....
See what happens tomorrow and how many "new" fans will become members on the "Waiting List" for Season Tickets.

I'm Bosnian, so I understand you great :)

But what the guy said, even if it was a sarcastic aim on phate is as you said inevitable and of course it has to be accepted by old fans.

Well I`ve been watching City since 1964 and I don`t give a shit who we appeal to.New fans are always welcome,from ANYWHERE. ;)

the right way to think about it mate :)

there would be some moaners always but hey, nothing that other won't forget with any new title :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.