Not from Manchester, Not from the Uk, and I am a City Fan

Chevelle said:
Phate said:
CTIDANDREW said:
This thinking is completely unfair. I for one have supported the squad going on four years. I am from Pennsylvania in the US(Im only 20). I picked City because Claudio Reyna was my favorite player for the U.S National team. I knew nothing about the Abu Dahbi takeover until I began to research our club further. New(ish) fans choose to follow the club for all types of reasons. I choose City because of the claudio reyna factor, and the Manchester United hatred factor because they reminded me of the New York Yankess who I despise as well. Not all new fans our glory hunters, now yes if by some miracle City were to get relegated next year would it make it diffcult to continue to follow obvioisly yes. But that is not because I would say oh fu&k. It would be because it would be nearly impossible to follow a championship season over here in the states.(No streams)

I absolutely love this club, and I have shown that by driving over 4 hours to watch them play an exibihition game in Baltimore two summers ago. Spending 160$ on tickets for a meaningless game just so I could say I saw "God's own club" in person. NOT every new supporter is a glory hunter, a lot our but please dont just group me in with the lot. Thank you God Bless, and lets win the PL on Sunday! CTID

You know what's funny about fans like you? You chose to support a club for whatever reason but it is almost invariably results in you supporting a top club. I've never known someone who lives abroad that has been led to supporting a Accrington type club. In fact it is very rarely even a low premiership club. You can say you chose City for whatever reason but the fact is that you're using that reason as an excuse to attach yourself towards them.

Please don't refer to yourself as a supporter. It is an insult to everything our proud club has stood for over generations and it pains me to see the continued devaluation that people like you give to the word supporter.

Wow.. just wow. Without international support city would be kicked out of the champions league or not be able to spend enough to compete.. Chelsea united would continue for years to come.. you like that idea? I bet you do for your own selfish pride... I somehow think 90% of Manchester city locals would not like your stance.

You know what, I would welcome rewinding 12 years. As pleased as it makes me feel to see City sitting at the top with one game remaining my best memories will always be before the takeover. I've never felt further away from the club than I have this season. I'd take "We never win at home and we never win away"
every time over "We score when we want", one of the most shameful, rag-like chants to have ever come from our support.

Call it whatever you want, selfish pride, stupidity, I couldn't care less. The most cherished moment of following the blues was those seasons where we had true supporters all singing through the driving rain and wind whilst watching abysmal football.

new fans as welcome as anyone IMO.

A BLUE IS A FUCKING BLUE.

Phate said:
Chevelle said:
Phate said:
You know what's funny about fans like you? You chose to support a club for whatever reason but it is almost invariably results in you supporting a top club. I've never known someone who lives abroad that has been led to supporting a Accrington type club. In fact it is very rarely even a low premiership club. You can say you chose City for whatever reason but the fact is that you're using that reason as an excuse to attach yourself towards them.

Please don't refer to yourself as a supporter. It is an insult to everything our proud club has stood for over generations and it pains me to see the continued devaluation that people like you give to the word supporter.

Wow.. just wow. Without international support city would be kicked out of the champions league or not be able to spend enough to compete.. Chelsea united would continue for years to come.. you like that idea? I bet you do for your own selfish pride... I somehow think 90% of Manchester city locals would not like your stance.

You know what, I would welcome rewinding 12 years. As pleased as it makes me feel to see City sitting at the top with one game remaining my best memories will always be before the takeover. I've never felt further away from the club than I have this season. I'd take "We never win at home and we never win away"
every time over "We score when we want", one of the most shameful, rag-like chants to have ever come from our support.

Call it whatever you want, selfish pride, stupidity, I couldn't care less. The most cherished moment of following the blues was those seasons where we had true supporters all singing through the driving rain and wind whilst watching abysmal football.

well if you were there singing in the rain watching us suffer in the lower leagues then fair play but as a true Blue you will enjoy this moment (hopefully) more than any other but I doubt you're a Blue at all with your pompous rag like whinging lol

ban-mcfc said:
new fans as welcome as anyone IMO.

A BLUE IS A FUCKING BLUE.

Glad to hear this Yourself, Blue Haze, Pam, LoveCity, and Jumanji are posters I highly respect and watch out for on these forums, and I am glad this is your opinion. It is completely fair for a "true mancunian" blue such as the poster above to have the opinion he does on new supporters. I just hope he comes to realize not all of us our in it for the glory.

If you are blue and are dedicated then you are welcome as far as I am concerned.

Our owners vision is for a large global fan base. In order to consistently compete at the highest level we will need to have that fan base.

Despite us sneering at united for years for this we are just going to have to accept it.

Balti said:
Phate said:
Chevelle said:

well if you were there singing in the rain watching us suffer in the lower leagues then fair play but as a true Blue you will enjoy this moment (hopefully) more than any other but I doubt you're a Blue at all with your pompous rag like whinging lol

I can`t believe for one moment that this guy is a Blue.Wummer if you ask me.

Come monday there will be more of us foreigners supporting city. We'll brag like utd fans and will try our best to make city the most hated team. If you really love your club ditch the sheik or else.

fareastblue said:
Come monday there will be more of us foreigners supporting city. We'll brag like utd fans and will try our best to make city the most hated team. If you really love your club ditch the sheik or else.

dr-evil.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.