Nothing coming in this window?

The January window should be scrapped,IMO.
I agree. I also think the Summer TW should close the day before the season starts. Every club then has their squad for all 38 games of the season and whatever happens happens, tough shit if you get injuries, well done if you don't.

got a feeeling jovetic may return from loan.

This won’t happen. He doesn’t fit in the squad so the club would have made sure this was never an option.
We won’t get anyone in. we have 2 more players than we can fit in the squad as it is (Nacho and Bruno Zuculini both omitted from various squad lists).
We need outs way more than we need to sign anyone. If pep is coming we need room to manoeuvre so players out will be the No1 focus at the moment and realistically I can’t see us doing anything until Summer on any front.

Not sure Stones is the answer - the fee will be ridiculous and he is struggling himself. That's maybe one for the summer. Personally wouldn't have any issue if we signed a proven premier league centre back, like an Ashley Williams or Ryan Shawcross. We keep finding these foreign central backs, paying fortunes and selling them on for peanuts. Even if the above were cover in the future, surely better cover than what we have now, e.g. MDM.
He isn't struggling, he had a couple of poor games in that run they didn't win many games in but he was decent against Spurs and us.

Did you not see that against Spurs when he was calm as fuck under pressure, turning one way then the other and laid it off to the 'keeper? Everton fans started moaning and he just turned around and [I don't think it was ironic, funny if it was!] and he gave it "calm down, calm down" to them.

Just shows how much class he has as a player. He may have been under pressure by a player but he made it so that he was under no pressure at all, he was fully in control of the situation.

That lad is going to be a star centre half!

If Bony moves on ( which is a big if ) then perhaps we will bring in a replacement. Otherwise cannot see any movement on the transfer front. January transfers can be disruptive to the squad so let's stay as we are until the summer.

Need a CB especially now that pelegrini has said that Kompany may only be back for the later stages of the season.We Desperately need cover in this position.

I'd like us to make a couple of really canny signings but I don't think we are up to it. Our current selection process has largely not lived up to expectation (Mangala, Fernando,Bony,Navas ). At the price we paid I could have signed (Otimendi,KDB and Stirling) -so I guess we'll wait for Pep to take it on....

Think your wrong with Navas, and too soon to call on Fernando & Mangala

I know clubs traditionally pay a premium for January signings, but assuming we are getting Pep, and know what targets he wants. I would be tempted to try and get one of his targets if possible.

Summer brings the Euros and the new PL money. Clubs are likely to demand more money for our targets.

Indeed

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.