Nottingham Forest (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

TBH I'm dreading that game. No doubt the Spursy twats will play like a team possessed against us. That game could lose us the PL trophy. Squeaky bum time. The twats have robbed us before, they definitely have form for it.
You are ignoring the fact 57000 spurs fans in the stadium would sooner lose than help Arsenal

Grealish and Doku weren’t great yesterday. City looked very vulnerable down both sides, especially down Kyle Walkers side. All teams seem to be attacking Kyle Walkers side of the pitch constantly and into the space he leaves out wide when he comes inside.

You are ignoring the fact 57000 spurs fans in the stadium would sooner lose than help Arsenal
I don’t think that matters to an opposition manager and team. They are professionals. They will want to win. They will want to beat City.

Not once did I ever think about not trying or throwing a game when I played football.

All this nonsense about Spurs throwing the game because Spurs fans don’t want Arsenal to win the title is exactly that, just nonsense.

Spurs may still have a chance of a CL place when they play us. They have 2 games on hand against Villa, and are 7 points behind Vilaa. Still all to play for, even for Spurs.

Note all the green ticks for City compared to the red and grey ticks for the other top 5 teams. Pep and City have been here before and know how to handle the title run in pressure.

IMG_1006.jpeg

Grealish and Doku weren’t great yesterday. City looked very vulnerable down both sides, especially down Kyle Walkers side. All teams seem to be attacking Kyle Walkers side of the pitch constantly and into the space he leaves out wide when he comes inside.
I thought Jack did well yesterday he just seems to want to cut inside all the time now, Doku is raw very raw and could be polished into a diamond, the thing I worry about is his game reading, speed of thought he just doesn't see things quickly enough.
I don't know if you can coach that,

Last edited:
Looking back, I think they looked a bit like City.
I've said this before. On one of the independent sport channels on Sky, they had a series of the greatest matches, from the greatest teams.

They featured Brazil 1970, Dippers 1970s, Brazil 1982, AC Milan early 90s & Pep's Barça 2010.

In my honest opinion (and I don't say this lightly) Guardiola's 2017 - 2023 sides beats any of them. We're seriously underrated & the only way to truly compare is to watch a series like this, & to compare these great sides to City.

Pep's Barça team was the best I'd ever seen, but after watching this series, I was happy to shift my opinion & stand by it. With or without Messi, City over the last 7 seasons were better.

I think it was difficult for Grealish and Doku yesterday as they played with 3 CBs and that allowed their wingbacks to push right onto our wide players and give them no time on the ball.

I think we're better when we have Stones who can move into midfield and Walker can stay back more.

Thought we looked tired and pep set us up wrong in the first half , jezzer had a shocker and was rightly subbed . Eddie being injured was a shocker and no card , suppose he doesnt play in red and so no protection

Points in the bag , move along

I thought Jack did well yesterday he just seems to want to cut inside all the time now, Doku is raw very raw and could be polished into a diamond, the thing I worry about is his game reading, speed of thought he just doesn't see things quickly enough.
I don't know if you can coach that,

That's something I'm concerned about as well with Doku. He's generally made his mind up before he gets the ball. It's either getting passed to someone or he's going to run with it. And often he runs with it and only spots the pass a few touches too late when it's closed up or he's lost the ball. You'd hope in time and in training he can be coached to be better.

Ultimately it's as simple as thinking what he wants the end result to be. He's trying to make something happen, and he has to learn that by beating one man and attacking another he's probably already done that. So do the initial dribble then immediately spot the space and learn the movements of your team mates and the patterns of play. You don't need to carry it into the box then shoot, or look for a pass at that stage.

I've said this before. On one of the independent sport channels on Sky, they had a series of the greatest matches, from the greatest teams.

They featured Brazil 1970, Dippers 1970s, Brazil 1982, AC Milan early 90s & Pep's Barça 2010.

In my honest opinion (and I don't say this lightly) Guardiola's 2017 - 2023 sides beats any of them. We're seriously underrated & the only way to truly compare is to watch a series like this, & to compare these great sides to City.

Pep's Barça team was the best I'd ever seen, but after watching this series, I was happy to shift my opinion & stand by it. With or without Messi, City over the last 7 seasons were better.

I think most people judge it on what the result would be if we played Pep's Barca and view Messi as the key difference that wins the game for them. But in terms of overall results and achievements, considering La Liga doesn't have the competitiveness of the prem, I'd say what Pep has achieved with City suggests we're the better side. Last season's was the best from a success perspective, but I don't know which City side I'd pick as his best. The style of football in our 100 point season was probably my favourite.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.