Nottingham Forest (A) | Post Match Thread

Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I feel worse after that result than any other of the season. It really, really hurts. After that magnificent work that we did in midweek, especially in the second half, basically blowing away the pretenders to the title, to then spurn chance after chance after chance to drop two points against the likes of Forest. It's more than disappointing. It's criminal.
Nothing's finished, but by God we're making it hard for ourselves.
There are no consolations about this match. The only one has nothing to do with this match. It is that we are playing again shortly, so we don't have time to stew over this.

Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I feel worse after that result than any other of the season. It really, really hurts. After that magnificent work that we did in midweek, especially in the second half, basically blowing away the pretenders to the title, to then spurn chance after chance after chance to drop two points against the likes of Forest. It's more than disappointing. It's criminal.
Nothing's finished, but by God we're making it hard for ourselves.
Are you serious?

No he’s not. He’s still chopping and changing every week. And it’s February. Less than half the season to go.
Yes, he is :D

3 + 1 situations in midfield, is like fundament of Pep's philosophy..

During Aguero period we had Delph and Zinchie, otherwise we struggled a lot.. 16/17 for example or 19 / 20 with Mendy & Walker..

During post-Aguero period we had Jesus as a False9 and Cancelo was boosting the attack. Sometimes we had Zinchy + Jesus and it was like a "mother of all bombs", especially those CL games and etc.

Haaland is like Aguero, Classic N9, so we need someone like Delph or Zinchy.

But as Zinchy was gone and none of Cancelo or Walker could do that, Pep decided to use Rico. But playing Rico means that you can't use Walker and that's not even an option..

That's how he chose Bernardo for that role and that's something I don't see he is going to change before the end of this season, cause otherwise he will be breaking the whole fundament of his philosophy.

--
I don't know what will happen next season.. But logically, Bernie is probable goner and I don't see any other fullback similar to Zinchy or Delph in today's football. Haaland isn't going to play False9 either, so the only option will be to use one of our centre-backs for those +1 situations.. It will be Stones or Akanji, cause both of them are great with the ball..

The main question is, having that experience of Classic N9, how club let Zinchy go, when we knew that we would need that type of player to properly integrate Haaland in the team..

No he’s not. He’s still chopping and changing every week. And it’s February. Less than half the season to go.
He won’t stop rotating but he hasn’t made major changes in the last week.

Bernado has contributed to us conceding goals but using him at LB looks to me like it will be useful in many games.

Dias looks like he should be a fixture.

Gealish has nailed down a starting berth.

Pep didn't react to the Wood sub.

Phil caught in two minds but played well. Jack was excellent.

Him and Haaland have no excuse to not score, but neither do Rodri or Laporte.

Pathetic from Kev. Playing for himself again.

A dominant performance and we will come again, but this is why United are even being talked about, because this Arsenal are nothing special.

And we haven't been, barring a derby win.

Ref was a twat. Four minutes added time, player down for two of them, blows whistle on bang on.
Pep didn't react to the Wood sub.

Phil caught in two minds but played well. Jack was excellent.

Him and Haaland have no excuse to not score, but neither do Rodri or Laporte.

Pathetic from Kev. Playing for himself again.

A dominant performance and we will come again, but this is why United are even being talked about, because this Arsenal are nothing special.

And we haven't been, barring a derby win.

Ref was a twat. Four minutes added time, player down for two of them, blows whistle on bang on.
Awful from DeBruyne today….could not make a simple pass…and the less said about his shooting.
Brilliant as though he can be…..I think a lot of our problems are to do with Kev.
Watch the 36th minute in the match because it sums us up….Kev had a simple pass to play Foden in which he didn’t complete then Gundognen ducked a tackle.
We still did enough to win today though !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.