Nottingham Forest (A) | Post Match Thread

I thought de Bruyne and Haaland were well below par, today. Some will disagree but it’s all opinions.
Foden played all game like it was his first game in forever - tried to do too much, was buzzing about the place -but when we needed composure and he simply squares the ball to haaland (who was right place right time) early - we're 2-0 and it's game over - but he fucked it. And it's coz of the above. I don't know whether to blame foden or pep - but probably both.

Can you honestly blame them? I'd be the same in their shoes. Drawing today, beating the cultists early in the season; they're huge results for a club like Forest.
If they'd have won then fair enough but celebrating like that for a draw is a joke.

Terrible result,don’t care how many chances we created. The only important thing today was to get the win.

I absolutely despise this culture we've developed where winning fouls is more important than scoring goals. Haaland today is the worst one yet. Wasn't even a foul never mind in the box, and a great chance goes missing. Jack does it several times a game.
Agreed, he literally touched his shoulder and down he went …. embarrassing!

Did we have Lee Bradbury up front today, could’ve sworn it was him?

Pep can't be to blame for players missing chance after chance. He can be blamed for not then taking them off, especially the ones like Foden who had a complete shocker all game. Just as I thought had he had gotten over his no subs thing, admitting his tactis were awful against Arsenal and changing them, he opts for the same awful tactis next game and his same old stubborness in refusing to chance personal in close games.
How did foden have a complete shocker all game? Yes he fucked a chance up but I thought Phil was fantastic in the first half especially!

Rather nice summary of our season so far that today. One step forward and another one back.
Yes, very frustrating. i was forced to listen on the official site, don't think I'll do that again. As you say, great victory midweek, dominate today and concede with a sucker punch. You are right, feels like the season in one game.

I don’t know how you can blame pep when foden and Haaland are not even getting a shot on target when they have a break with not a defender near them….foden literally looked like he got shot from a sniper from the top of the stands
You answered your own question. He didn’t change it when he has a World Cup winning striker on the bench raring to go.

Remember Haaland earlier in the season scoring a hat-trick goal, using brute strength to hold off a defender after Gundogan played it to him, before slamming it in the corner? Then you look at him today where he’s got an even clearer goal scoring opportunity than the one I’m talking about against Palace, and instead of using a bit of strength he blatantly cheats trying to get a red card and penalty, when he could just end the game. I don’t understand it. He’s cost us today, and that’s before we get to his miss.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.