Nottingham Forest (A) | Post Match Thread

Collectively am amateurish basic lack of composure in front of goal. From KdB's inability to put one foot in front of the other, Haaland not working the defence, Gundogan with a touch 5 seconds too late every time it was apparent after a dominant first half a few changes were needed. Pep sat on his hands once again -if I'd been Alvarez I would have told him where to stick it on 87 minutes...
I'm sure many of us believed Forest would have one chance and The flying pig would be nowhere near.
Forget bent refs we can beat ourselves without them.

Part of the disconnect today is square pegs in round holes but the fuck up from Phil was shocking.. A simple schoolboy pass needed and he fucks it up.. He crosses and the game’s over
Phil pass, Rodri header, Laporte header, Haaland double chance, KDB shoot. All of those are easy goals

Our finishing was the only reason we didn't win but how did ref blown on straight 4 minutes added time when they had a player down for 2 minutes of the injury time

Cannot believe people are talking about Pep's tactic or subs. We were excellent for 60 minutes and coulda (should woulda) been 3-0 up going into the final stretch of the game.
You’ve got to be ruthless when you can see it’s not our day, just be bold and make some changes…..we’ve all seen us play like this a couple games a season.

Personally, I think some of the ball play in the final third was too direct maybe having a Mahrez on would have slowed things down a bit and added some guile and trickery…

Kev's shooting matched that in the warm up, high wide and not very handsome

Mahrez is our only other regular goal contributor. Should have come on for Foden after 60 minutes.
100% agree! Mahrez is out most on form player, along with Grealish. Mahrez just has been named PFA Player of the month for January. But Pep decided to bench him and not even bring him on. Literally makes no sense... Mahrez must be a starter on this RW!

We played better than we have for months, but that doesn't really matter. When you've gone and beaten Arsenal away to get back on top, you cannot throw that hard work away 3 days later by not finishing off an abject opponent.

Plenty of bad misses, but Foden's takes the biscuit. Fuck me.

And De Bruyne needs to fucking wake up, because the odd decent game here and there isn't good enough for a player of his calibre.

Haaland misses his first sitter since the community shield, really the last one who can be blamed. He cannot do it alone.

Typical City, thought it was one of our best games of the season first half…Off to the pub to delete the days football results

Listened to game on radio, sounds like missed chances cost us and there was always a chance of a breakaway goal because we don't seem to like clean sheets anymore,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.