Nottingham Forest (A) | Post Match Thread

After Wednesday and then Arsenal fluking it late on, that can only be described as a massive bottle job. Identical game to Villa away.
Not sure this group has the balls or the bottle anymore

I don't think they have the passion either. There's very little flair about City this season. Haaland's pre-World Cup goalfest distracted many from weaknesses around the squad. He's starting to look like a big donkey up front who nobody wants to pass to.

Forest's big donkey got one chance an scored.

I’d love to hear some feedback on this, but to me it looked like foden was ready to pass that ball to Haaland the second he received it instead of just going straight for goal himself. Looked caught between two minds there.
Foden fucked it. As i've said previously on here - so i will repeat myself.

He should have played the ball immediately - and this is the microcosm of city's season - overplaying - underdelivering. I know we're second, i know I know....but we have a fucking shit load of talent out there - and we're, what, 6 points ahead of a team who play luke shaw at centre back and wout weghorst upfront. I'm not spoiled or a fanny wipe or any of the other names that old white folk throw around on here - I want to win the league, but i want to play football in a certain way - and the lack of a quick accurate pass to haaland there is everything that has stopped us from being better than we currently are.

de bruyne is a huge question. He has those moments and creates an assist out of nothing but his 90mins play is a hinderance. Hes so poor.

id be tempted to drop him for bernaedo and put ake left back. Play 433 with him and gundo in the 8.
He doesn’t look fit or he’s carrying a long term injury, I don’t know which it is but he needs a break.

IMO, refereeing aside, I watched a convergence of bad days and bad luck - today was the other side of the coin to the days you take 6 shots and score with every one.

I can’t fault the effort from anyone, I can’t say that we didn’t massively dominate every aspect of the game - all I could see wrong was skewed shooting and out and out bad luck.

Pissed off?
Yep.

Thoughts about how this affects our title challenge?
Using a track racing 1600m analogy; we’ve a long way to go but we’re up there with the front of the field, elbows out wide and sat breathing down the neck of the leader, with a lap and a half to go.

It’s a pisser but we’re still in for it.

People saying all the hard work pissed away lol , we was only in this position cos arsenal have had a wobble not cos we’ve been good . We are still having an off season and still at the end of a cycle as a team . With players like Kev, Kyle, Laporte , Bernardo , ilkay all past their best.

Kev was absolute garbage and gassed out at 70 mins .. where was the subs ??
The lad is 28 - he has his best years ahead of him.
Laporte also 28 - in his case I just don't think he wants to be here anymore.
We're having an off season, it happens. There will be a refresh in the summer, but don't expect more than 4 in

Amidst all the (deserved) criticism, I have to say that in my opinion Arsenal will definitely drop points again this season. Today is a piss poor result but we can still turn it around. The players need a rocket up their arse though, anyone know what Fernandinho is up to?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.