Nottingham Forest (A) | Post Match Thread

When we got to their box it was always a case of start fucking about, over complicating it, one touch too many every time, or the wrong option .Bernado put his laces through the Ball,i wish others would try this with a bank of 10 players defending.

This is our Achilles Heal when we play shite sides intent only on defending.

They let us have the Ball, then we play in to their hands by reverting to a slow pass,pass,pass,game trying to walk the Ball in to the Net.

We should be more direct get a couple of goals ahead and force the opposition to change style .

We had only 36% possession against Arsenal but were more direct.

We fall in to a trap of focusing only on possession Ball

Their game plan 11 Behind the Ball for 80 minutes, hopefully we keep it 0-0,or 0-1 then go for it the last 10 minutes.

Lots of players put their laces through the ball, just that the shooting was way off today.

You'll never see Kevin have 6 shots from outside the D and all of them off target.

Or Haaland miss from 6 yards out. Or find himself clean through on goal only to go down after a tap on the shoulder.

Or Foden to be 1 on 1 with the keeper only to spontaneously collapse in a heap.

Or Rodri with a free header that he puts wide.

23 shots doesn't indicate that the team wasn't trying, just a bad day at the office.

Once they made their subs to push for the goal, Pep should have immediately moved to put Ake on. Take off KDB and move Bernardo to Kevin’s role.

There isn’t a finger to point at todays result though. You could go down the starting XI and list an almost half the roster that had horrid moments. Laporte, Rodri, Haaland, Foden, and KDB all had opportunities to put this game away.
That would have been my call

Ederson's decision making is fucking atrocious, by the way. How many goals do we concede like that where he doesn't get anywhere near the ball, but leaves himself in no mans land and gives the striker a tap in? Stay on your line and give us a fucking chance.

Nobody can doubt his importance to the way we build from the back, but in all other areas of the game he's simply not good enough for a team that wants to win the biggest prizes, and the kicker is, he's getting worse with every passing season.

Bring Ortega in for a few games. Time to show Eddy he isn't irreplaceable.
Got to say i have to agree. Nothing to do with today’s goal either. Been going on far to long and happens too often

What’s our win ratio with the Rodri Gundo And Kevin midfield trio. Anyone got it?

Yep. Teams don't appear to have to morph into Barca 2011 to create chances against us. If a side scores against you after a move of technical brilliance, you can hold your hands up, and give credit where it's due. That's not the case at this moment in time. Like you said, we give up easy goals.
I thought dias back would fix that, but we just cant afford to go in to the last 10 with a 1 goal lead. Its a real problem.

Shit result. However some perspective if youd have offered me 4 points from arsenal away and forest away id have taken it before a ball was kicked.

Our finishing today is what let us down. We often have these performances in the season even last year it was southampton and palace away..

move on many more games to play. Trophy isnt given out in february.
Liverpool at home springs to mind….that last minute sky rocket by Mahrez to win it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.