Nottingham Forest (A) | Post Match Thread

True,

Cos they would've got the 2 pens for Laporte being grappled, their goal chalked off and a pen for Haaland getting pulled.
The oppo would've ended with 10 men too.

Different rules, different outcome.
Give over. Tap on the shoulder and the big strong lad goes down. Embarrassing to watch and we'd have been up in arms if a penalty had been given against City in those circumstances. City have only their own poor finishing to blame today.

I thought that was the most ‘pep era’ performance we’ve seen in a while today, thought we absolutely dominated and played some really good stuff however to miss that amount of clear cut chances and let their only shot on target in is criminal. Most frustrated I’ve been over a game of football in a long time.

Reminds me of losing to Notts County back in the 90s in the Cup, battered them and got beat in that one. These games happen.

As others have said Pep persists in doing things that clearly are not working / experiments and I believe we will never win the CL under him because of this.

No blame at Edersons door today but someone in the match thread said they fear them having a shot on target and I have to say it was my worry all game.

Give over. Tap on the shoulder and the big strong lad goes down. Embarrassing to watch and we'd have been up in arms if a penalty had been given against City in those circumstances. City have only their own poor finishing to blame today.
And the fact that it was outside the area makes the decision to go down even more baffling.

I thought that was the most ‘pep era’ performance we’ve seen in a while today, thought we absolutely dominated and played some really good stuff however to miss that amount of clear cut chances and let their only shot on target in is criminal. Most frustrated I’ve been over a game of football in a long time.
Carbon copy of Everton at home. One shot, one goal.

It's so city this season, if it can go wrong it will

there's no point in trying picking the bones out of today game or blaming the manager or players,
the frustration is, today was not our day, we just had one of them days when everything looked off and not right,
from the moment Haaland missed that double chance, I think everybody just knew what was coming, and we could not stop it happening because lady luck had her say,

KDB had 5 very good chances to score and not one of them look like troubling their keeper, Haaland should have scored. Laporte should have scored. Rodri should have scored, Foden should have scored or passed it Haaland,

luck good luck to arsenal if they go on to win the title, but it will not because of today's results, but it will because of the season as a whole and the best team wins the title,

One report on today's match saying that Haaland was like the lead singer of a band who forgot the lines to his greatest hits.
Eric Todd couldn't have put it better.

We played well today, but if we don’t take our chances we’re always likely to concede. We have to stop this “give it to Erling” bollocks. Why the fuck Phil tried to square that I’ll never know. We didn’t have our shooting boots on and it may end up costing us. I still think we’re getting there, but we don’t half over complicate things at times.

Our biggest mistake this year was not treating the left back position seriously. That, coupled with our lack of defensive discipline and concentration makes us incredibly vulnerable and is shown up time and time again by the sheer number of goals we concede from the first shot on target we face.

Said it before, Kev looks exhausted and couldn’t buy a pass again. He needs a summer sat on his arse.

I’d question why we don’t shore it up sooner in the game because it looked more and more like it just wasn’t going to go in. We have to learn and we can’t keep making this mistakes.

Up the blues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.