Nottingham Forest (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Get ready to hear a lot more variations of "can he do it in the CL", "he's boring to watch, like a robot" "Nunez plays with passion, unlike Haaland" and so on. From all the usual suspects, not just dippers at work.
Nunez played with passion against Palace, didn't score and got sent off.

Haaland scored a very robotic hattrick and doesn't have to serve a three match ban

I had discreetly resigned myself to the idea that the years were passing at an accelerated rate now and that the consequence would be that I became an even grumpier old git. Gone forever the days when I could be moved to spontaneous, and childlike, applause because our debutant Argentine forward had thumped in his second of the night to thrill us all with a four goal second half against a newly promoted team, that time Swansea City. Gone at least until the last few days. Four goals in the second half to see off a Palace team 2-0 ahead at the half way mark, and a Palace team traumatised by a Norse god aided by ten giants. But last night witnessed an explosion of what could only be classed as genuine, hand clapping, oh-ahing excitement! The whole team was superb, but Haaland was breathtaking, from the time he scored with his first touch to the moment, 26 minutes later, he completed his hat-trick - this time a perfect hat-trick in reply to the scouser who derided Saturday's as the worst ever in PL history (though that was a rushed job of only 19 minutes). And when Erling took his leave young Alvarez thought he'd better take over. We'd had one glimpse already and we knew his work rate was phenomenal, but the finishing! Two absolute belters! I was no longer a grumpy old git. I was excited! As excited as young grandchildren who chortled at every goal. As excited as my 20 year old grandson who had been inspired by Sergio to ask, "Grandpa, is Sergio as good as Shaun Goater?" And so Ancoats, old chap, I too have no intention of buying into any media nonsense but like you and every City fan, I' really looking forward to the ride.
Great stuff

Think he’s a Welsh, but didn’t anyone else notice Forrest never had a shirt sponsor ?
Same horse, different jockey. Actually just noticed that myself when watching highlights of our game on MOTD this evening during the rags half time. Hoped nobody had noticed haha

Trams were spot on last night, at least in my experience. Pretty much straight onto an empty double and was having a pint in Chorlton before 10pm
My tram to Ashton didn't arrive at the Etihad till almost 10..
No bloody information on the notice signs and the staff have no idea either..
Yet on Saturday tram was fine..it's just pot luck I guess

The ‘robotic’ shout is just weird
We are literally reinventing the sport every time we play
Any neutral, apart from bitter redshirt sympathisers, loves the way we play. I know because even in the last 24 hours I’ve spoken to fans from Reading, Blackpool, both Bristol sides, Grimsby, Wolves, Sunderland, QPR etc. Plus some club from Stretford
All are fascinated by Haaland and all except the Wolves fan wanted City to win the title last year.
West Midlands has always been full of plastics
Just look at any U12s team now, all are making the keeper and CBs play out from their own penalty area
If anything is ‘robotic’ its a 1980s ‘passhun’ merchant wearing the club shop and playing a barely evolved version of 1980s football, while relying on emotion, touchline gurning and cheerleading rather than intellect or strategy

Well, I'm prepared to write off the Didi masterclass of Association Football Throw Ins after that game last night, and finally put the 0-3 cup game, prior to Kaka bottling it, to bed!
That for me was an even worse day than some of the dark weekends under Clark and Ball
Hughes should have been sacked on the spot that day, but he hung around stinking the place out for another 10 months.
Hughes was like a lightweight office worker who had an amazing 4 pints the night before and then sharts and follows through in the lift the next morning.
We all know that horrendous shit is present and that what we have just witnessed absolutely fucking stinks. We also all know that this man is doomed and will be gone soon, yet we are all trying to ignore it and pretending it didn’t happen

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.