Nottingham Forest (H) | Sat 23rd Sept | PL | Post Match Thread

Needless red. That is Gibbs' game and we walked right onto it. It would've been nice to see him or one of the Argentines get a good clattering before the end.

Other than the Rodri brain fart, our game management was top class. We are so lucky also to have the best goalkeeper in modern football.

If he would have jumped in with both feet and put his studs in Gibbs-White knee as a reaction and statement to these shitbags I would have applauded him for it, but doing what he did was just plain stupid and uncharacteristically immature from him.

I also understand its a clear red under current rules, but it feels a bit silly that you can literally kick someone repeatedly with little to no punishment and you get a red from a reaction that doesnt endanger the opponent in any way. What kind of idiot came up with the rule that pushing the opponent should be punished harder than kicking him?

Rodri won us the Champions League so he is off the hook in my book but he has now put our team in a difficult situation, especially since we could already barely assemble a bench before his 3 match ban. We can just pray we dont get any more injuries now. And that we beat Arsenal anyway, which I think we will.
Time for others to step up.
It's a team game, but moreover, it's a squad game.
Great managers and teams come up with solutions in adversity, we've won league titles with an injury ravaged squad before now.

We'll be ok.

Needless red. That is Gibbs' game and we walked right onto it. It would've been nice to see him or one of the Argentines get a good clattering before the end.

Other than the Rodri brain fart, our game management was top class. We are so lucky also to have the best goalkeeper in modern football.
There was a part towards the end where they had a half opportunity just outside the box and 5 players jumped in to block it at once. I thought that was awesome and showed the unity.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.