Nottingham Forest (H) | Sat 23rd Sept | PL | Post Match Thread

Video of the game is now on the website, including the sending off. Rodri was apparently red carded for grabbing Gibbs-White by the throat, but if you watch the footage it's clear that Foden actually made that contact, not Rodri. The rest was handbags and GW should be embarassed when he watches it back. So the sending off was ridiculous PLUS how can the VAR not see that when he watches it back ??11

Peps press conference after, he said he wasn’t happy with Rodri and that he’d apologised to everyone.

BBC just changed their headline from "Pep Angry with Rodri" to "Pep Unhappy with Rodri" - somebody been having a word?
UpHR2JX.png

Last edited:
Rodris right hand clearly went to his neck, wasnt Fodens. I am surprised we went so defensive though, I’ve seen us dominate possession with 10 men against better teams before. Mayb wanted to conserve energy for next games, not sure but thought was unusual compared to other times

On a side note, Gibbs White lives in my village (or he did last year at least). I only found out due to calling him a fucking bellend while gesticulating at him as he was speeding through the village and my son subsequently telling me who it was!

Phillips played well , just don’t think he should be the single defensive midfielder, looks like a player that needs someone next to him. I think if he had the security of a 2nd midfielder next to him we’d see a very good player.
Yes, he always looks good playing for England with Rice next to him.

Just got back from the game. Lost my voice in that second half shouting the boys on, and that was in EL2!! So proud of the team in that second half. Absolutely superb performance. Foden was excellent and Nunes is going to be some player for us. Great saves by Eddie late on. Our fans were superb second half and helped get the boys over the line. Taylor lost complete control of that game in the first half, shocking referee. Never heard the forest fans after the first goal until the sending off, and that was it from them. Awful support. Great to see Jack back. I didn’t think Kalvin played that badly when he came on. When Pep went five at the back, was really surprised, but Pep knows what he’s doing. Felt so proud of the boys today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.