Nottingham Forest (H) | Sat 23rd Sept | PL | Post Match Thread

Rodris right hand clearly went to his neck, wasnt Fodens. I am surprised we went so defensive though, I’ve seen us dominate possession with 10 men against better teams before. Mayb wanted to conserve energy for next games, not sure but thought was unusual compared to other times
Don't think he's ever fully trusted the defence like he trusts this one.

I really don't get the mentality of the blue tinted lenses here. It's one thing to pull for and be biased for your team but regardless of Gibbs Whites reaction... it's immaterial. Rodri shoved his hands toward his neck area and it's a red card regardless of what bent ref is in charge. It's violent conduct it's not City getting yet another duff call. I'm expecting more than I should I presume.
It's not the red card, it's Taylor's letting foul after foul go unpunished, not booking a Forest player 2 minutes into the game after he cleared out Foden then booking Akanji for a lesser challenge in an identical position at the other end.
It's enabling the opposition to be emboldened by being allowed to kick fuck out of you with impunity.
Pep has alluded to this but couldn't say so directly.
It's not the first time Taylor has done this.
It's blatant cheating plain and simple.
Leading up to the red card, Gibbs-Shite kicked Rodri twice from behind which Taylor ignored.
By the letter of the law It's a red card but this was a consequence of Taylor's disgraceful performance.
That's why I'm personally so pissed off with Taylor and I suspect I'm not the only one.

LOL Rodri needs to find a better way to ask for rest rather than going bonkers!

Major test of character for the team.. Great Job City!

Good to see Haaland snap out of his mini funk!

Nice to see Kalvin pulling his weight in the team too.

Foden and Nunes were amazing. Nunes is looking a major bargain!

And it was fucking BEAUTIFUL to see City show they can win UGLY when they have to!

CITY CITY CITY!
You covered everything I was going to post.couldnt agree with you more.
IT'S GREAT BEING A BLUE

Brilliant first 25 minutes today, some of the best football we've played, the 2 goals were outstanding, but we didn't create enough really, and the early movement dried up.

Defensively the second half was also outstanding, brilliant game management, and people putting their bodies on the line for the cause, we also should have made it 3-0 but for a terrible miss from Haaland.

Overall, a really great team performance, Ederson didn't have much to do, but took several commanding catches from crosses, and made one very very good save. All the defenderswere excellent. Good going forward, and in posession for much of the game, a thoroughly deserved win.

Rodri, stupid, but at least he'll get a rest, and hopefully we will have Bernardo and Kovacic back, and possibly Stones, so no need to hit the panic button yet.

Bloody hell Rodri...

that-escalated-quickly3.gif

He turned into Scarface you could say he saw the sky bluemist (:

Dunno what went through his usually cool head I think it turned a potential 5-0 or above massacre into a dangerous game, we came through it he'll know he's messed up and will be a big loss for us in the next few PL games.

Phillips did okay in a tough situation with his performance hopefully if called upon he can finally start to show why we paid what we did, Rodri's sending off stopped his teammates shining as much as they would've done, but Foden was defo a cut above the rest today totally different class he deserved man of the match, Nunes workrate was once again very impressive and it was defo nice to see him get an assist too.

All in all we still won 2-0 despite the big negative of Rodri's sending off today, the major positive is we've started this season brilliantly, so let's carry that on...

Bring on the Geordies I say.

Can't believe some people still think he'll come good.

Not seen an ounce of City player standard in him.
So you didn't see any positive things from him today I get it he's not at the same level as Rodri but who is?. He didn't let us down today. Give the guy a chance.
CTID

So you didn't see any positive things from him today I get it he's not at the same level as Rodri but who is?. He didn't let us down today. Give the guy a chance.
CTID
Not one mate.

He lost the ball countlessly today.

If he's the answer to Rodi missing, we're fucked.

The reason he doesn't start a lot of games should be a massive indicator of his ability.

Rodris right hand clearly went to his neck, wasnt Fodens. I am surprised we went so defensive though, I’ve seen us dominate possession with 10 men against better teams before. Mayb wanted to conserve energy for next games, not sure but thought was unusual compared to other times

Because we were 2-0 up.

For the minute, we're involved in four competitions (that's not even thinking about the World Club Championship). It's a marathon. Not a sprint, nor even a 10,000m. We had the game won twenty minutes in. They presented no kind of a threat. In those conditions, keep the ball, knock it around, conserve energy.
That's how you get a treble won. Or even — dare I say it? — a quadruple.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.