Nottingham Forest (H) - Wed 31 Aug, 19:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As the old Maine Road terrace song used to go.....

"We hate Nottingham Forest
We hate Liverpool too.
We hate Man United
But City we love you".
(To the tune of Elgar's "Land of Hope and Glory") (Pomp and Circumstance March No.1 )

It went out of fashion as Forest dropped down the divisions, but now it becomes relevant again.
I'd love to hear it sung again, for old time's sake.

Actually, that song, which I remember well, dates not from the seventies, but from as early as the sixties. Forest were something of a power in that decade. They had kind of a useful player called ‘Slim’ Jim Baxter, too.

Always liked Forest for absolutely smashing United at OT during that title-winning season. The rags simply couldn't believe it.
I myself was last at the City Ground in that same season. A less than happy memory, unfortunately.

I've gone for a win tonight, but I'm not going to try and second guess the Bald Fraud on team selection. He'll pick the team based on who's fit and who is he thinks is ready physically/mentally to get the job done.

He'll know the spine of the team already, but no doubt there will be some last minute tweaking.

Looks like our Red strip clashes with your home strip? So its the lucky “Just like watching Brazil” away strip. Who decides these things?

Attachments

• 99BD084F-FAE4-470E-B6F0-FF4C078805DD.jpeg
    99BD084F-FAE4-470E-B6F0-FF4C078805DD.jpeg
    859.6 KB · Views: 22
Really looking forward to 90 minutes of "champions of Europe you'll never sing that" from a bunch of fans all comfortably under the 60-70 age range you'd need to be to remember that happening. Hope we smash them and shut them up early.
Fucking hell mate I’m 54 and I remember it well enough!!
Was gonna say. Im 48 and its a memory!

His point still stands though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.