Notts County Away 85.

Not the greatest away day for me that one.
I would’ve been 13 at the time, went to that game with my older brother and right bunch of piss heads in the back of transit van. No seats in the back, just beer and bodies everywhere.

I was never the best in the back of car, but that day I had I particularly bad bout of motion sickness. At one point going over the Pennines I couldn’t hold out anymore .. I scrambled to my feet and just about managed to squeeze my head between the back of drivers seat and his window before spewing all down the side of the van.
I was feeling dreadful and just wanted to fuck it off and go home at that point… but i was talked into going on to witness our promotion party.

That 1st half performance cheered me up no end

We met the Clowns in the Pub and got decked out in Blue Greasepaint for the day -an absolutely brilliant day out (apart from the result obviously)

Remember it well - went on Mainline coach - a few of the lads on that coach got in the dressing room at half time - not sure of the attendance figure but think ground capacity was 17/18 thousand and couldn't have been more than 3 or 4 thousand Notts County fans there

Arrived in Nottingham about eleven as the pubs were opening an absolute chaotic day on and off the pitch, City fans were not angels back in the day, Third biggest away following in my experience.
No 1 good bad Friday Oldham.
No 2 Blackburn away promotion
No 3 Notts County away.
I remember being gutted, the result however led to one of my favourite ever days on the real Kippax when it was standing the promotion game against Charlton.

Coppers where c**ts that day . About 20 of of us from Wythenshawe stood in the small paddock with plenty of other blues who has also managed to jib in . Think we climbed over the wall opposite end to where City`s support was to gain entry . Nearly kicked off a few times with the home support for calling them scabs as the miners strike had ended not long before . Long bloody time ago now !

Arrived in Nottingham about eleven as the pubs were opening an absolute chaotic day on and off the pitch, City fans were not angels back in the day, Third biggest away following in my experience.
No 1 good bad Friday Oldham.
No 2 Blackburn away promotion
No 3 Notts County away.
I remember being gutted, the result however led to one of my favourite ever days on the real Kippax when it was standing the promotion game against Charlton.
Yeah without that loss we wouldn’t have had Charlton! What a day that was too, brilliant days.

Might be right on the following. I think United away in the cup when we lost 1-0 takes some beating. We had loads there that day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.