Notts County Away 85.

My abiding memory of that day was our van pulling up at a boozer just as a couple of Blues were carrying the pub's cig machine across the car park.
EDIT: Just read the article, so I didn't imagine it!

Last edited:
Probably cost me going to uni ( didn’t) want to go anyway missed my English o level exam the next day after being in Nottingham walked into school wearing my farah’s and Pringle jumper the next day knowing I’d missed my exam the rest is history, wouldn’t have any other way .
Obsessed.

Love this photo
I should be in that picture, I never have been able to spot myself though!

If my memory servers me correctly (and I haven't embellished the story with youthful excitement) that was the first bit of fence to go. The coppers started climbing in amongst us lashing out with battens which obviously didn't do much to calm the situation. Then a whole section of fencing went down behind the goal to the right of this pic and the madness really started. By the time they got us all back in, I recall 2 rows of police facing us backed up by mounted police while they tied up some crowd barriers to make a temporary fence, while being heckled with "what the fucking hell is that" or similar.

I should be in that picture, I never have been able to spot myself though!

If my memory servers me correctly (and I haven't embellished the story with youthful excitement) that was the first bit of fence to go. The coppers started climbing in amongst us lashing out with battens which obviously didn't do much to calm the situation. Then a whole section of fencing went down behind the goal to the right of this pic and the madness really started. By the time they got us all back in, I recall 2 rows of police facing us backed up by mounted police while they tied up some crowd barriers to make a temporary fence, while being heckled with "what the fucking hell is that" or similar.
Wish I'd gone to that game looked absolutely mental. Not a bad away end eh for no fans City

Love this photo
Bloody hell i was there that day somewhere on that Kop end. Those were the days, all stood up packed in on crowded terraces. However time has moved on and the Etihad is a fabulous stadium . I'm much older now and appreciate that i can watch in comfort , but I do miss those days !

If that’d been west ham , Millwall or Chelsea doing the same at Watford or similar it’d be folk law , that was us in our day better than Stoke away on Boxing Day and the rest etc.
Absolutely madness. Never forget it .
The following match day programme against Charlton had us on the cover , great days should never be forgotten.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.