Notts County Away

squirtyflower said:
Soulboy said:
Waterlogged pitch.

I too made it all the way to Forest that day before finding out!

I travelled through three feet of snow around Buxton and was not best pleased!

But I've had a few other call-offs since then... so I'm far more philosophical about it nowadays...
maybe i drove home in the fog then?
was a cup game, possibly a replay?

Ah, the rearranged game! I also went to that.

Yeah, that was real foggy that night and there was a fear that the game could also be called off... but wasn't.

So you're nearly right... unlike me!

squirtyflower said:
Soulboy said:
Waterlogged pitch.

I too made it all the way to Forest that day before finding out!

I travelled through three feet of snow around Buxton and was not best pleased!

But I've had a few other call-offs since then... so I'm far more philosophical about it nowadays...
|Not thinking of Shrewsbury are u we got beat 2-0 and it was the worst fog i've ever seen on way home.

i kne albert davy said:
squirtyflower said:
|Not thinking of Shrewsbury are u we got beat 2-0 and it was the worst fog i've ever seen on way home.
nope defo not Shrewsbury, i wasn't old enough to drive then

Soulboy has sorted i think
i'm sure it was a re-arranged fa cup game and we lost, as usual, and drove the longest way round as it was foggy

random ? but anyone know why they go by Notts County as opposed to Nottingham County like Nottingham Forest do ?. Sounds a bit elitest if you ask me !!

citymad said:
random ? but anyone know why they go by Notts County as opposed to Nottingham County like Nottingham Forest do ?. Sounds a bit elitest if you ask me !![/quote
Fancy askin that at this time of night give me headache now trying to think of an answer.

citymad said:
random ? but anyone know why they go by Notts County as opposed to Nottingham County like Nottingham Forest do ?

Nottingham Forrest go by Nottingham County?

Anyhow, Nottingham Forest aren't in Nottingham, they're in Nottinghamshire.

citymad said:
random ? but anyone know why they go by Notts County as opposed to Nottingham County like Nottingham Forest do ?. Sounds a bit elitest if you ask me !!

NOTTinghamShire County FC
Nottingham Forest FC

Apparently saying "Notts Forest" upsets both lots!

it's a good draw for us. I'm not going to get cocky, saying we should win and what the scoreline will be but it's a good draw. let's take advantage.

The League is looking less and less a reality. I would like a trophy this year and I would like to make a statement in England. What I'm saying is I would prefer to win the FA Cup this year rather than the Europa Cup.

lionheart said:
Their ground was bang in the centre of Nottingham last time I went, although it was in the late-70's.

Arent they pretty much side by side? Just seperated by the river?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.