Notts County Heading South

Given this thread and the one about Bolton, I wonder what, if anything, the Premier League teams are doing to financially support these lower division teams. A very small percentage Premier League revenues would probably support the whole division.
A lot of the tv revenue the lower leagues get is pushed down from PL broadcast income.
Bar that, they don't give a shit.

Thought it was the bent butchers boy who put forward the idea of stopping the tv money from Match of the Day and The Big Match being shared between all the leagues and only going to the top flight. Along with his suugestion the home team keeping all gate receipts for league games. Very selfish that man, always struck me as someone who'd hang around in ladies toilets up to no good.

Used to watch Notts in student days when Forest were European Champions but Notts were a much better day out - so have soft spot for them and a mate who still supports them And my mate and his mates were very gracious when they let me hitch a lift with them to our League Cup tie - Tueart scored four and I did wonder if I'd get a lift back - but they were just amazed to to see level he played at. Very sad to see current situation - but they have been badly led for a long time.

Thought it was the bent butchers boy who put forward the idea of stopping the tv money from Match of the Day and The Big Match being shared between all the leagues and only going to the top flight. Along with his suugestion the home team keeping all gate receipts for league games. Very selfish that man, always struck me as someone who'd hang around in ladies toilets up to no good.
Bang on.

Used to watch Notts in student days when Forest were European Champions but Notts were a much better day out - so have soft spot for them and a mate who still supports them And my mate and his mates were very gracious when they let me hitch a lift with them to our League Cup tie - Tueart scored four and I did wonder if I'd get a lift back - but they were just amazed to to see level he played at. Very sad to see current situation - but they have been badly led for a long time.
Dave Bennet scored the 1st that night.....
Ive had a few brilliant days out on County away buses to both Maine rd and Etihad.Got a lot of time for Notts.All the County fans i knew in the 80s are still County fans today.
Forest? Their 'lads' are up and down....i know the hardcore pretty well, but theres an awful lot of drifters who pick up a red scarf/badge when it suits......
Notts County need to survive.they just need to.Ask Juventus.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.