Nuri Sahin??

carlos92 said:
pudge said:
carlos92 said:
Yes they signed him for a bargain price but they still want to make a profit on him.
So, you think that Arsenal are afraid that they won't get a bid of over £3 million?

They will easily get £12m , however they will want a bit more as he is their star player. I think they want him gone now as there is no that he will perform for them if he does stay for the season.
If they will easily get £12 million, then your initial comment that they will not want to lose money on him off him is null, as a profit is a formality.

pudge said:
carlos92 said:
pudge said:
So, you think that Arsenal are afraid that they won't get a bid of over £3 million?

They will easily get £12m , however they will want a bit more as he is their star player. I think they want him gone now as there is no that he will perform for them if he does stay for the season.
If they will easily get £12 million, then you're initial comment that they will not want to lose money on him off him is null, as a profit is a formality.

What I am trying to say is they don't want to run his contract down and lose any money 12 months down the line.

carlos92 said:
pudge said:
carlos92 said:
If they will easily get £12 million, then you're initial comment that they will not want to lose money on him off him is null, as a profit is a formality.

What I am trying to say is they don't want to run his contract down and lose any money 12 months down the line.
He has said he's not signing a new contract, he wants to leave.

So it's all down to Arsenal to accept a bid, from anyone, and any bid they receive will be more than £3 million, so they won't be "afraid of losing money" on him

pudge said:
carlos92 said:
pudge said:

So it's all down to Arsenal to accept a bid, from anyone, and any bid they receive will be more than £3 million, so they won't be "afraid of losing money" on him

So come past the summer deadline and he isn't sold, Arsenal will be sweating as their next opportunity of getting a fee albeit less than they are expecting now, will be in January. That is where other clubs will be looking to sign him on a Bosman. Another factor is having player who has no intention in signing a new deal.

pudge said:
carlos92 said:
pudge said:

I think what he meant by "losing any money on him" would be selling him for much less than his market value. For example, if we sold Kompany tomorrow for 8mil, we would have technically made a 2m profit. In terms of value we would have lost a lot of money as he is worth at least 5 times 8m IMO. Essentially the club could have easily got a better price yet lost out by accepting lower.

carlos92 said:
pudge said:
carlos92 said:

So come past deadline day and he isn't sold, Arsenal will be sweating as their next opportunity of getting a fee albeit at less than they are expecting now will be in January. That is where other clubs will be looking to sign him on a Bosman. Another factor is having player who has no intention in signing a new deal.
If you think they won't receive a bid (that will make them a profit) before this summer's deadline, you're off your rocker.

pudge said:
carlos92 said:
pudge said:

So come past deadline day and he isn't sold, Arsenal will be sweating as their next opportunity of getting a fee albeit at less than they are expecting now will be in January. That is where other clubs will be looking to sign him on a Bosman. Another factor is having player who has no intention in signing a new deal.
If you think they won't receive a bid (that will make them a profit) before this summer's deadline, you're off your rocker.

Stop looking at direct player sales as profit.

Arsenal will make more money if RVP stays at Arsenal, they qualfy for the CL and he then leaves on a free compared to selling him for 20m and missing out on CL qualification.

ManCitizens. said:
pudge said:
carlos92 said:

Stop looking at direct player sales as profit.

Arsenal will make more money if RVP stays at Arsenal, they qualfy for the CL and he then leaves on a free compared to selling him for 20m and missing out on CL qualification.
I was referring to how much they bought him for, £2.75 million.

Any bid the receive now, which they will, will be more than that. Which is a profit, true? Which is what I was indicating, in it's simplest form/definition. You just complicated it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.