Oasis reunion

Definitely the music was the major part.

But they fact they were normal, relatable lads was definitely part of the reason why they became such a phenomenon.

I remember that third album well, they released it on a Thursday as a "fuck you" to the industry, and it was still the fastest selling album of all time.

They made great play in the 90s of charging affordable prices for tickets and not glad handling with the industry in the US.

I appreciate times change and like I say, don't begrudge them a huge payday whatsoever.

But I think the short-term cashing in and ripping off the fans is a really short sighted move.

Last week millions of people were buzzing they were back together. This week, many of those are calling them out for being greedy and ripping off their fans.

Not sure what price you'd put on that.
Absolutely spot on!

Fair enough maybe Co-op live but standing in Heaton public park for £355 rip off we can stand in Middleton road for nothing
Well I did say that I'm hugely opposed to dynamic pricing in that post of mine you replied to!

£355 at any venue - especially when the tickets were originally priced at £148.50 including fees - is a piss take

I’m pretty sure that Scully bloke who’s Noel’s best mate and for whatever reason used to be all over the City YouTube channel is a massive ticket tout.

Says a lot.

From an interview Noel did with Chris Moyles:

Noel: We did a little gig for about 150 fans from our fan club, the last 150 fans left who could be bothered to turn up...A friend of mine, the 2nd biggest ticket tout in England, officially, was having a fight with some Spanish guy, the 3rd biggest Spanish ticket tout, they were rolling around the street at 6 o clock in the morning, not the best...that's just an average night, I was saying to my missus, I'm too old for this. Scully good morning, he'll still be up trying to justify his obnoxious behaviour. He's just got back from ticket touting in China, he made seven grand.

Here It Comes, and they are big Man City fans as well!

Doves *

* their band went on hiatus until 2020, but the brothers put out music together during that time. An "Age Of Innocence" indeed.

I had a chat with Jez Williams in a pub in Chorlton before Doves reformed last time round.
Seemed really down to earth and the kind of bloke who deflected talking about himself, Doves or Black Rivers and preferred to talk about Noel Gallagher's album, City and taking an interest in what I was up to.

Didn't know dynamic pricing was a thing. And it seems kind of corrupt.
I can't stand Ed SHeerhan's music, but I've got a lot more respect for him than I do for Oasis these days.

I’m pretty sure that Scully bloke who’s Noel’s best mate and for whatever reason used to be all over the City YouTube channel is a massive ticket tout.

Says a lot.

From an interview Noel did with Chris Moyles:

Noel: We did a little gig for about 150 fans from our fan club, the last 150 fans left who could be bothered to turn up...A friend of mine, the 2nd biggest ticket tout in England, officially, was having a fight with some Spanish guy, the 3rd biggest Spanish ticket tout, they were rolling around the street at 6 o clock in the morning, not the best...that's just an average night, I was saying to my missus, I'm too old for this. Scully good morning, he'll still be up trying to justify his obnoxious behaviour. He's just got back from ticket touting in China, he made seven grand.
He used to post on here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.