Oasis reunion

The original price of £148 to stand in Heaton Park was expensive enough and as you say it is then a choice. To queue for a £148 ticket for hours, finally get to the front of the queue and that £148 ticket is now £355, it is still then a choice but you are then hours committed into the ordeal, if you then have the cash you may be more swayed to paying that eye watering amount. If you knew at the start it was £355 I guarantee that same person probably would not have queued from the get go. They have taken advantage and that side of things was a shambles.
i dont disagree with you im just saying what their argument will be and they will annoyingly point out the fact that it still easily sold out to make their point that they werent wrong, im not disagreeing with anything that you say im just pointing out the arguments that these shithouses will make to justify it.

In 1995, Pearl Jam canceled their tour due to a dispute with Ticketmaster, which began in 1992 with two free concerts in Seattle. Ticketmaster charged a fee of one dollar per ticket, which Pearl Jam found unacceptable. The band decided to distribute the tickets themselves.
In 1993, they set a maximum price of $18 for their concerts, despite promoters suggesting triple the price. They also reduced the price of their T-shirts, giving up $2 million in revenue.
In 1994, Pearl Jam declared that they would only play at venues that respected the maximum price of $18 and fees of less than $1.80. This led to a conflict with Ticketmaster, whose "service charge" ranged from $4 to $8. The band refused to give in, and because Ticketmaster controlled most of the concert venues, the 1994 summer tour was canceled, resulting in a loss of $3 million.
After the release of Vitalogy in 1994, Pearl Jam announced a summer tour only at venues not affiliated with Ticketmaster, organizing everything themselves
I remember this at the time and it was great seeing one of the biggest bands in the world taking a stand. Unfortunately even Pearl Jam could not carry on doing this over the following years due to the monopoly Ticketmaster had on more or less all the venues in the USA.
So was really surprised and disappointed to see how much Pearl Jam charged for tickets on their last tour as they were the last band I thought would do that.

I've been aware of dynamic pricing in the past but that's probably because I attend lots of gigs and I wouldn't expect everyone going for Oasis tickets to know about it. In the past Ticketmaster have had it on their website for certain gigs that dynamic pricing is in place but I'm not sure they put that statement on for the Oasis gigs as once I got knocked back in the presale ballot, I didn't try to get tickets.

Have you ever experienced dynamic pricing while in a queue though? Not on day 2, day 7 etc, but while trying to get the ticket at the price you clicked at?

Spot on

This is going to be a cabaret act, Not a live 1990s Oasis gig, What you'll get is 10 to 15 songs polished with a sound engineer and video's on the big screens, The merchandise and prices will be off the scale.
Spot on Paul McCartney has a few Christmas shows lined up at the Co-op Live, top of the range price platinum .£849 and £449.
Only platinum people or special occasion can buy a ticket Paul is upfront, Oasis “Noel said he wasn’t touring again” Oasis “cabaret act”

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.