Oasis reunion

Liam will be Liam with him playing a role in Oasis again, So let's hope he does not take it too far this time with playing the Billy Big Bollocks, Oasis Noel and Liam playing good cop bad cop roles only ends up them turning on each other.

2025 is still a long way off and they need to get through the rehearsal while spending time together. Yes, knowing the gigs have to be played before the money is cut up will keep them sweet for the time being.

And be safer if you have tickets for the first 4 or 5 gigs, then anything could happen, as the guy himself repeats all the time, that's rock n roll

And be safer if you have tickets for the first 4 or 5 gigs, then anything could happen, as the guy himself repeats all the time, that's rock n roll

Can you still play the rock n roll star or live the lifestyle, The 1990s are long gone playing the billy big bollocks and these days somebody a lot younger will just give Liam a smack, Noel on the other hand will see it all coming and just walk away from it all,

People do not want to see the 1990s Oasis, They want to see Oasis play the music without any fuzz.

Can you still play the rock n roll star or live the lifestyle, The 1990s are long gone playing the billy big bollocks and these days somebody a lot younger will just give Liam a smack, Noel on the other hand will see it all coming and just walk away from it all,

People do not want to see the 1990s Oasis, They want to see Oasis play the music without any fuzz.
I’m sure they’ll both be clean shaven.

Once a dick always a dick though

This reminds me of a gig from a reformed band. They made an announcement half way through, that it was ok to stay for the encore because they'd timed it to finish before the last train home.

In 1995, Pearl Jam canceled their tour due to a dispute with Ticketmaster, which began in 1992 with two free concerts in Seattle. Ticketmaster charged a fee of one dollar per ticket, which Pearl Jam found unacceptable. The band decided to distribute the tickets themselves.
In 1993, they set a maximum price of $18 for their concerts, despite promoters suggesting triple the price. They also reduced the price of their T-shirts, giving up $2 million in revenue.
In 1994, Pearl Jam declared that they would only play at venues that respected the maximum price of $18 and fees of less than $1.80. This led to a conflict with Ticketmaster, whose "service charge" ranged from $4 to $8. The band refused to give in, and because Ticketmaster controlled most of the concert venues, the 1994 summer tour was canceled, resulting in a loss of $3 million.
After the release of Vitalogy in 1994, Pearl Jam announced a summer tour only at venues not affiliated with Ticketmaster, organizing everything themselves
Great job on the history, I remember it well.

I saw Pearl Jam here at "American Legion Memorial Stadium" in Charlotte in 1996 and I've never seen a venue so poorly prepared to have a show. It was built in the 1930's, and before renovation later on at the turn of the century, it was definitely showing it's 60+ years age back then.

Other than the fantastic setlist, which I will not complain about, I vividly remember long queue lines for the temporary port-a-restrooms setup on the field, and the only nearby parking garage 6 levels high that I think most everyone parked in, taking 2-3+ hours easy just to get back on the street to get out of after the show.

Driving 2.5 hours there and back in a rented van with mates sounded like a good idea at the time, but many beverages later and memories to this day of an awesome show, I'm still not sure how we call got home that early AM, tbh.
1725628819074.png

Yeah, it was a shame when no other artists followed suit and stood up to Ticketmaster, but given the venues available that weren't controlled by the monopoly, it was always going to be a tough ask given the limited places left to see a show that TM didn't have control over. That was probably just as big a part of the overall issue why others didn't follow suit.

I haven't been back to that stadium since, but I'll be back to the city tonight for a SRO show with Manchester Orchestra that cost about $50 total (£38). Think I'll be fine. ;-)

Last edited:
He’s a WUM and people fall for it.
I've always thought Liam was full of shit, the way he walks with a cocky swagger and his overly exaggerated "y'allriiiite are kid" Manc accent. Didn't bother me as m when he was younger but nowadays he grates on the nerves. He's a 51 year old bloke acting like he's still in his early 20s. Not cool.

I've always thought Liam was full of shit, the way he walks with a cocky swagger and his overly exaggerated "y'allriiiite are kid" Manc accent. Didn't bother me as m when he was younger but nowadays he grates on the nerves. He's a 51 year old bloke acting like he's still in his early 20s. Not cool.

He’s calmed down alot and more humble in interviews nowadays - still has his moments of being a dick but still got the ‘x’ factor hence the demand to see Oasis.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.