Oasis reunion

Anyway about the reunion........

Will there be a new album to coincide with the tour...? Unless they perform at least five or six brand new songs, it's no more than two old blokes putting their differences aside to pocket a ton of cash for singing pub songs.

The whole thing is more like Creme Brulee than The Beatles.

It's a shit business.

Blue Hammer makes some valid points I think. Although I haven't heard their solo album tracks that don't get airplay I like quite a lot of their singles tracks, but I get your point about the Oasis effect.
I’ve got most of Noel’s albums (maybe all) and one of Liam’s. All decent enough.

Noel is a talented musician and isn’t work shy. He’s London based now but he’ll turn up and do his bit a charity shows. I’ve seen him make “cameo” appearances at two or three such gigs.

I find the bitterness towards them from some a bit tiresome. They made some great albums, played some fantastic shows and won an army of fans, who are desperate to see another Oasis gig. I doubt Oasis would make my top 20 bands, although their first two albums might make my top 100 albums, but they hold a special place in my musical heart.

As I’ve stated before, I’ve seen the likes of the Rolling Stones and Bruce Springsteen deliver wonderful performances to large crowds in their 70’s. The Foo Fighters, who are a similar age to Oasis, smash it night after night with high energy shows. So I have no doubt Oasis can deliver; it’ll be different because they are 30 years older but it can be great. The original fans might not have the bounce of yore but the singalong will be epic.

Will there be a new album to coincide with the tour...? Unless they perform at least five or six brand new songs, it's no more than two old blokes putting their differences aside to pocket a ton of cash for singing pub songs.

It's a shit business.

Who the fuck wants to hear six new songs at a reunion!

Greatest hits, please.

If they keep the band going afterwards, alongside solo projects, then produce some new material. The Rolling Stones recently produced a very fine new album, but their US Tour on the back of it featured very few new songs.

Who the fuck wants to hear six new songs at a reunion!

Greatest hits, please.

If they keep the band going afterwards, alongside solo projects, then produce some new material. The Rolling Stones recently produced a very fine new album, but their US Tour on the back of it featured very few new songs.
I hate bands that don't play what fans want. Took my eldest daughter to see Radiohead at the MEN arena in 2012 and they played mostly album tracks. I was familiar with most album tracks but my daughter wasn't, especially the obscure ones. I've never been a huge Radiohead fan but their best tracks are top drawer IMO. However some of their album tracks are depressingly shite and should not be played at gigs. The crowd kept waiting and waiting for the big tracks but they only Played Paranoid Android which was met by huge cheers. That gig was so underwhelming I felt cheated and sorry for my daughter's disappointment.

Have they really proved themselves to be fine solo artists? Name one song by either of them as a solo artist that has entered the cultural zeitgeist.
Liam has several fine songs co/written, “Once” and “More Power” six solo albums reached number one, but nothing compares to the first two albums in the nineties
Reforming the band is a bit of a last hurrah pay day I think. The album with Squire one of my favourites so I’m hoping after the reunion both of them go back to solo work.

Last edited:

It's a shit business.
I get what you're saying here but if I was going, I'd much prefer them to leave the new stuff alone and just do gigs that are filled mainly with the original stuff.

A set list like below would be great (imo)

Fucking in the bushes (walk on)
Bring it on down
Cigarettes & Alcohol
Live Forever
Columbia
Cast No Shadow
***give Liam a break***
Force of nature
Importance of being Idle
Masterplan
***Liam back revitalised***
Roll with it
Wonderwall
Supersonic
Go let it Out
Gas Panic
I am the Walrus
Champagne Supernova

Encore
Acquiesce
Whatever
Rock and Roll Star
Don't look back in Anger

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.