Oasis reunion

Both would not have a solo career without Oasis, Simple it put them on the map and gave them a fan base for their solo careers, It's the same with the fans of The Beatles and The Jam and Weller without their Bands I don't think a solo career happens,

Never know for sure, but to say they lost hunger? is what I questioned.

They both straight away worked on solo projects, Noel diverted away from the Oasis sound, Liam stayed with Rock. Noels had 4 Number 1 Albums, Liam 6.
Both continued to play big gigs, festivals and tour the world. Just don't see how you can question their work ethic and claim they lost their hunger.

Queued for I think 5-6 hours and had the bot stuff, the 503 stuff, and the rest. Gave up.

I'd love to see them but not "I need to day off work to buy tickets" type love. Bit irritated about it tbf and the justifications from some about the dynamic pricing system.

I thought the whole hyped up frenzy was extremely cunty behaviour from Noel and Liam and feel that Liam has now taken his cuntiness to a new level by his comments to fans about ticket sales and prices.
Sometimes it’s best to say nothing at all rather than make cunts of the people that are funding ones lifestyle.
And I still keep laughing at that promo pic where they both look as though they’ve stepped out of the poodle parlour - more Soft Cell than Oasis.
I do like them live but I wouldn’t pay what they are asking to see them - they are taking the piss.

load of bollox that

Noel diverted from the Oasis sound, formed his band, had huge successful Number 1 Albums and toured the World. Liam smashed it solo aswell, Number 1 Albums, massive gigs including Knebworth.

Not hungry?! Both worked tirelessly since leaving Oasis and both proven to be fine solo artists.
Have they really proved themselves to be fine solo artists? Name one song by either of them as a solo artist that has entered the cultural zeitgeist.

I dont think there should be an investigation for the surge pricing situation, you pays your money you take your choice, its entertainment its not a necessity, what i do believe there should be an investigation into is the monopoly that that ticketmaster holds over these kinds of things and how they have proven repeatedly that they are just not up to handling it.
You're kidding surely?

Fans should at the very least be made aware that 'dynamic pricing' may be used if demand is high.

In 1995, Pearl Jam canceled their tour due to a dispute with Ticketmaster, which began in 1992 with two free concerts in Seattle. Ticketmaster charged a fee of one dollar per ticket, which Pearl Jam found unacceptable. The band decided to distribute the tickets themselves.
In 1993, they set a maximum price of $18 for their concerts, despite promoters suggesting triple the price. They also reduced the price of their T-shirts, giving up $2 million in revenue.
In 1994, Pearl Jam declared that they would only play at venues that respected the maximum price of $18 and fees of less than $1.80. This led to a conflict with Ticketmaster, whose "service charge" ranged from $4 to $8. The band refused to give in, and because Ticketmaster controlled most of the concert venues, the 1994 summer tour was canceled, resulting in a loss of $3 million.
After the release of Vitalogy in 1994, Pearl Jam announced a summer tour only at venues not affiliated with Ticketmaster, organizing everything themselves
If that's true its fantastic stuff from the band.

You're a londoner and there's a big wage difference between north and south. I think £150 is too steep and they are letting a lot of fans down by pricing them out, especially norther fans who made them what they are. They are both wealthy enough to never perform again as Oasis or in their groups, royalties alone make them a nice annual wedge.
£150 for Heaton Park is too much.

The london lad you're replying too is one of the reasons I was happy to avoid the gigs in MCR. Heaton Park will be saturated with lads that live nowhere near but are up for a weekend of pretending to be Northern and are, of course, the biggest Oasis fanatics you'll meet.

A previous post had Liam Gallagher referred to as still having the X factor. What the fuck does that bollocks even mean?

I envisage many Oasis fans of an age to have seen them 20 years or so ago are going to be disappointed with the overall experience of these gigs.

I hope I'm wrong and they're absolutely brilliant because for £150 a ticket minimum, they really should be.

Slightly off topic, but just wondering about different mindsets when it comes to these big gigs, no wrong or right. Myself and friends like 100s of bands and go to gigs maybe once a month but all of us would rather go to small venues and pay maybe £30 - £50 a time. We all except 2 didn’t go to AC/DC because it was a stadium, the cost and we’d all seen them numerous times and there re plenty of other bands we can go to see.
So my question are people going to Oasis or other huge gigs going for the event more than the band or do you prefer these mega gigs ? Myself as soon as I see stadium or outdoor these days when a tour announced I think not for me.
Generally I'm similar. However, I'd have done Murrayfield or Wembley seating for Oasis at iirc around £70/£100.

Heaton Park is terrible. I've only been once which was Oasis 2009 (I think) kasabian supported and it put me off going there again. It was the worst of the 5 times I've seen Oasis.

As I've got older I've definitely moved more towards smaller artists and smaller venues. Getting a gig ticket at a reasonable price at a venue where you can get relatively close to the stage is generally a mint experience.

But I get fans doing the huge gigs because bands of similar popularity to Oasis just aren't doing the Albert Hall or Deaf Institute.

load of bollox that

Noel diverted from the Oasis sound, formed his band, had huge successful Number 1 Albums and toured the World. Liam smashed it solo aswell, Number 1 Albums, massive gigs including Knebworth.

Not hungry?! Both worked tirelessly since leaving Oasis and both proven to be fine solo artists.
surprised-arsenio-hall.gif

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.