Oasis reunion?

I'd be surprised if they didn't do a reunion tour at some point.

It's alright people saying they don't need the money but we are talking about the kind of money that is hard to turn down (although Robert Plant has). It's not just money though, the buzz of playing to an Oasis crowd is something money can't buy.

They don't even need to tour the UK, they can just rock up to the Etihad and play several nights there.

Aside from rehearsing, maybe soundchecks and the gigs themselves, they don't need to see each other: they can have separate dressing rooms, limos, hotels etc

I saw them at Earls Court, Maine Road and Wembley and they won't top Maine Road but I'd definitely like to see them again.

Likewise. Saw them in 95 at Glasto. Not really a die hard fan (the first two albums were great, but much of their stuff thereafter was massively overblown and overproduced IMO), but I’d definitely want to see them again. Can’t see it happening though to be honest

If Oasis had appeared on the scene 2 years earlier they wiuld be as famous as northern uproar or the wendys.

Between 92 and 94 the decline of northern indie musics prominence in favour of shoegazing and grunge gave them an opportunity to tap into a need for a guitar band.

But basically after the first LP and some of the second they are very average, in my opinion.

Nonsense, there are thousands of teenagers now who listen to their music non stop who weren’t born in 92 or 94 or even 96 for that matter. Good music is good music and Oasis songs will stand the test of time, it’s still sounding as relevant and bringing in a new fan base 25 years later.

Always makes me laugh as well when people mention the “just the two albums”. How many have had one good albums let alone two?

Likewise. Saw them in 95 at Glasto. Not really a die hard fan (the first two albums were great, but much of their stuff thereafter was massively overblown and overproduced IMO), but I’d definitely want to see them again. Can’t see it happening though to be honest

The first two albums are outstanding and the subsequent ones are more variable in quality but the Masterplan was a good collection and there's decent stuff across the others but the early raw power and vibrancy is diminished; perhaps as you say too polished.

I'm sure they could come up with a back to basics rock n roll album of quality if they wanted to. They don't need any new material though to put on a great live show.

Nonsense, there are thousands of teenagers now who listen to their music non stop who weren’t born in 92 or 94 or even 96 for that matter. Good music is good music and Oasis songs will stand the test of time, it’s still sounding as relevant and bringing in a new fan base 25 years later.

Always makes me laugh as well when people mention the “just the two albums”. How many have had one good albums let alone two?

Probably still the most popular band around the country and they’ve been split up for 10 years. I wouldn’t be bothered if they didn’t get back together as I’ve seen them, but it will happen.

correct. Oasis are mega popular so for that reason they’ll get slagged off - if they were some indie underground band making the same music with less appeal the same people would be banging on about how good they are.

The first two albums are outstanding and the subsequent ones are more variable in quality but the Masterplan was a good collection and there's decent stuff across the others but the early raw power and vibrancy is diminished; perhaps as you say too polished.

I'm sure they could come up with a back to basics rock n roll album of quality if they wanted to. They don't need any new material though to put on a great live show.

Yep and Heathen chemistry! Liam’s 2 albums for me are outstanding too

correct. Oasis are mega popular so for that reason they’ll get slagged off - if they were some indie underground band making the same music with less appeal the same people would be banging on about how good they are.

Not really, I was never much a fan at the time before they were mega famous.

It would actually be easy to just pretend to like them as it seems to upset their fans if you say you don't and get slagged off for it.

Every bar I've been to whilst working away
Play them classics and every flyers up

Oasis happened at the right time, maine road was epic, knebworth a level down, but they were my band 25yrs ago, seen them loads at their peak, doubt i’d rush for a reunion ticket tho??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.