Oasis reunion

Going to be worse than trying to get tickets for the Peter Kay tour this one. I'm guessing the ticket site crashes immediately Saturday morning

I expected them to get back together at some point and I knew I'd want to be there when they did, but I was a bit taken aback by just how captivated I've been about this, from the moment the rumours began to today's confirmation.

Seeing their pictures on the front page of the tabloids wearing City shirts, those teasers about the announcements and the general buzz about it all brought back feelings I'd forgotten from my youth, in the build up to album launches and tour ticket sales.

Growing up in Manchester and as a City fan, the Oasis presence and influence was huge. Their songs have provided the sound track to some of the happiest and some of the saddest moments of my life, thankfully mainly happy and as much as I'm a big music fan in general, no other band comes close to the sentimental or emotional attachment to Oasis.

It is a slight shame that the reunion is overwhelmingly opportunism for the Gallagher's to make an absolute fortune, rather than because they're on good terms again. That said, their volatile relationship and dysfunctional dynamic was a huge part of the band's personality. It added a certain level of anticipation (not always in a good way) wondering whether the gigs would go ahead and they spent large parts of their career barely talking, so it shouldn't make much of a difference at these gigs.

The reunion has made me reflect on some fantastic memories I haven't thought of in a long time and the chance to see them again is exciting for me, as I'm sure it will be for many others who will get chance to do it one last time. For a new generation it's a chance for them to experience it for the first time and make memories of their own, which will be special for them in a different way.

If I'm lucky enough to get a ticket I'll see you a reasonable distance away from the front!

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.