Oasis reunion

Great post mate. I have to confess, I'm not familiar with the two bands you mention though there's every chance I've seen them, albeit in a drunken stupor! Kudos to your mate for knowing Mr Harper so well though, frankly, Charlie is such a friendly bloke, it doesn't surprise me at all. Incidentally, I was privileged to watch the UK Subs again this year (pretty much a permanent fixture at Rebellion) and can report they knocked it out the park yet again, proving that age is no barrier.
Brill, seen the UK Subs a couple of times back in the day, not for the last few years though. Might give that Rebellion Festival a go next year, got a few old mates that were on the punk scene when it happened, we were late teens then, all mid 60's now, where's the time gone?

Great idea doing the Edinburgh gig during the fringe.

But on the other hand, thank fuck it's there and not in Glasgow.
A tad disappointed it’s not Glasgow, but I can still base myself there as it’s not that hard to jump across to Edinburgh.

Great post mate. I have to confess, I'm not familiar with the two bands you mention though there's every chance I've seen them, albeit in a drunken stupor! Kudos to your mate for knowing Mr Harper so well though, frankly, Charlie is such a friendly bloke, it doesn't surprise me at all. Incidentally, I was privileged to watch the UK Subs again this year (pretty much a permanent fixture at Rebellion) and can report they knocked it out the park yet again, proving that age is no barrier.
This is an old photo of my colleague/mate Nigel when he was in Sick 56.

1724752118088.jpeg

I'd imagine Cineworld weren't keen on the idea of families taking their kids to see Inside Out 2, having to share the toilets with blokes in their 50's hanging around the cubicles wearing parka's and sniffing coke.

Not to mention the cost of cleaning up piss from the screen room's seats and floors.......
To be fair the average Cineworld already looks like it's had piss and shit smeared across the room. Awful places.

Didn't the one in Didsbury get forced to close to get fumigated after they had rats running between the seats in the middle of screenings.

I’ve been to a few open air gigs and never enjoyed one. The sound is just lost to the sky.

I don’t even really like stadium gigs that much. The stands and roof hold the sound in a bit. Only thing is, those stands and rooves, with the speakers dotted about, make the sound bounce around the stadium so you hear your nearest speaker first, then other speakers within split seconds of each other - plus 60,000 people belting songs out at the top of their voices - so it sounds shite.

Unfortunately, they’re never going to do 200 nights at the Ritz.
Last time I saw oasis at heaton park the power cut and we all got a refund. I’ve still got the cheque somewhere uncashed

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.